Hello! I have a question for you and I hope that you will be able to help me. I am 63 years old and last week my ophthalmologist diagnosed narrow-angle glaucoma for me. I am afraid, because I do not know much about disease and I want to know what is difference between narrow-angle glaucoma and other glaucoma types. Thanks!

Hello Narrow-angle glaucoma is the most common type of glaucoma with good prognosis. If it is discovered on time, laser intervention will heal you 100%. Other types or glaucoma are not naïve like narrow-angle. I mean, for them you will need much more time for healing and there is possibility to not get rid of them at all.

I am glad to see the response to the question about narrow angle glaucoma having a good prognosis. Once you have been diagnosed, how quickly should you have the laser surgery?? I am afraid of having surgery to my eyes but want to make sure that I prevent the situation from worsening. currently the pressure in my eyes is 19 and 20

I appreciate any advice that you can give me

I just found out last Monday that i have closed angle glaucoma in my left eye with pressure,  and pressure of 27 in my right eye,   the eye doctor is doing laser in the left eye in one more week.. then will do the right eye.    Right now she put me on drops called alphagan, Does this drop reduce pressure? ... She also said there was no damage to my eyes yet (Thank goodness). I was just wondering if after the laser will it make it better? or will i still have glaucoma? im just kinda nerves... If someone knows anything about this stuff can you reply  to this ...Thanks : )