I know that glaucoma is great problem these days, and it could be cause of vision lost. I am so terrified of this, because I think I would die if I could not see the world. Can you tell me more about process how glaucoma cause this terrible symptom? I want to know if there is possible treatment, when someone find out he has glaucoma. I would appreciate any info about this enemy for all population.

Glaucoma is sometimes called the silent thief; I believe you know for this term, since you are so afraid of this disease. Problem with glaucoma is that can slowly steal sight before patient realizes anything's wrong. The most common form of glaucoma develops gradually, and off course, giving no warning signs. Many people are not even aware they have an eye problem, until their vision is already compromised. Glaucoma is not just one disease, then it is a group of disorders, and common feature of these diseases is damage to the optic nerve. It is usually accompanied by an abnormally high pressure inside the eyeball. For the start, you need to know that optic nerve is a bundle of more than a million nerve fibers at the back of the eye. Blind spots develop in visual field when the optic nerve deteriorates. After this, if glaucoma is left untreated, it may lead to blindness in both eyes. Fortunately, medical advances have made it easier to diagnose and treat glaucoma lately, so it is not such a problem as it used to be. I have to tell you that if glaucoma is detected and treated early, it does not cause even moderate vision loss.