We have never been through this before.  He is 33 years old and a father of a 9 year old daughter who is the love of his life.  He has been in a severe depressed state since the divorce over a year ago and has not received counselling.  When he had health ins. he went into a rehab program last summer for addiction to pain pills.  He did get off of one of them, but, after coming home and in a few weeks he was back to the other opiads and the wrong people.  He is depressed and never received the Dual Diagnosis that he has. Depression/Addiction is when you must get help for both illness, when they treat the addiction, the depression does not go away because, that was the reason you started in the first place.

I am a worried sick parent and my husband and I have drained our savings and he has taken everything he has owned and sold it. He quit his job. He has taken my pills that I hAVE to live on for my Spinal Cord Disease.  We need everything under lock and key and he even said, please don't make it easy for me to find. He has always been a good son and a very good parent and husband, he loves his family,this addiction just makes you out of your mind and nasty and the worst is how much money is just gone and will never be recovered.  He took from his older brother and friends and family, and everyone has stopped being an enabler.  He will most likely now lose his car because of not being able to pay the car payment and my husband just can't do it anymore.  He gave up all the things he loved for next to nothing just to get the money to use. This is a different animal than the pills.  Now he is going cold turkey because with the holiday we aretrying to get him help without having health ins. and its going to be an uphill battle.  We live right outside of Phila. Pa. and can get to many areas, we just need the right direction on getting a doctor to treat him without health insurance until we can get financial aid.

Well, may I say I am deeply sorry for your son. 

I highly recommend that you get him to a rehab asap, instead of cold turkey becausw that may be intense for him. My sister use to snort coke, but had no problem quitting.

Sorry if this wasn't much of a help but best of luck, I'll pray for you :)

I understand you are passing hard days.I feel deeply sorry for you. Your son is enough mature. So i think best way to help him is addiction treatment. There are several insurance options that are available to people seeking treatment for their addiction.Insurers take responsibility for covering the cost of addiction treatment. So no need to worry.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

visit here for more