Few days ago I have noticed that my tongue hurts. I know that I should go to my doctor, but can you tell me more about cancer of the mouth? I am afraid that I have it.

It is not likely that you have a tongue cancer just because you feel pain. If you are worried, and I suppose you are, my advice is for you to go to your doctor. I will give you the information about tongue cancer. The oral cavity includes many parts like the lips, the lining inside the lips and cheeks, called the buccal mucosa, the teeth, and the bottom of the mouth under the tongue, the front two-thirds of the tongue, the bony top of the mouth, the gums, and the small area behind the wisdom teeth. Salivary glands make saliva throughout the oral cavity. This keeps the mouth moist and helps digest food. Factors known to contribute to the risk of developing cancer include smoking or chewing tobacco and alcohol use. White spots or patches in the mouth (Leukoplakia) also may be considered a risk factor. This is due to a fact that this condition becomes cancerous in approximately one-third of patients. Surgery is often used to treat oral cancer. As I said, I am sure you have nothing to be worried about.

I have heard this is called Geographical tongue and there was no cure. I have noticed high , HIGH changes to my tongue. The first time when i ate a tortilla called shawarma with high amounts of garlic in it. I had the huge burning feeling.

Looks like my tastebuds are seperating!

Then today (why im here) i ate fresh Strawberries. Wow. Stupid of me. Im thinking large allergic reations. I eat onions... didnt remark anything there.. but I do drink coffee every single day and have a large sugar intake. Guess god is telling me to cut down! I noticed it seems my tastebuds are seperating. EEK i hope this is not cancer jesus