Hello! Can anybody tell me what spots on my tongue could means? I don’t have them constantly but they keep getting back and are painful. But besides these spots on my tongue I have a sensation of burning tongue and of dry mouth too. My skin around mouth area is also dry as well as my eyes. I went to see the dentist but it‘s all ok with my teeth and I don’t have any idea what these spots on my tongue could be related to.

You haven’t mentioned how old are you but I think you could be having Sjogren’s syndrome and is related with the age meaning it is most common in woman over the age of 40. This diagnose is hard to be recognized for its symptoms are usually being mistaken for some other disease or condition such as menopause. I have the problem with dry eyes and dry month that is always combined with these red and white painful spots on my tongue. And for these symptoms I was diagnosed with Sjogren’s syndrome and I know for sure that dry mouth are actually the cause of spots on your tongue and you may ease your condition by using some specific gels to make your mouth less dry but you need first to talk to your doc. And also the lack of vitamin B12 complex may lead to development of such signs and symptoms including occurrence of spots on the tongue.