I have been getting cold sores since the age of 13, and i always just assumed they were JUST cold sores. Rather recently I realized that cold sores are in fact the strain of HSV 1. I had a cold sore that was crusted over and I engaged in sexual activity with my partner. Including Kissing, Oral sex (on both parties) and Vaginal sex without a condom.

Now around a month later I experienced a severe mucous filled cough (including chest congestion), sore throat, runny nose and sinus congestion but I passed this off as a cold gotten from one of my close friends, or due to my allergies accompanied by the seasons. I still engaged with sexual activity with my partner before and during this time. There was a period where we had continuous (rough) sex without cleansing in between. A few days later I noticed a thick white discharge (ranging from very thick white paste like to discharge with small white clumps/particles) similar to a yeast infection and my entire vulva, labia minora, and perineum severely itched and had patches of dry skin. This lasted a few days (2-3) until I took a 200 mg pill of fluconazole.

The next day the itching was completely gone but the area still remained very dry with the same kinda of discharge but with significantly less amounts. My labia minora seemed to be very dry and wrinkled and on the inner walls of the labia minora (towards the edges) I felt what seemed to be textured patches, similar to taste buds)

Naturally I freaked out and kept checking on them in a mirror while touching the area (rubbing the textured patches of skin, scratching the taste bud patches, picking at with a tweezer) i realize that i should have left them alone... yet i was so scared of genital herpes.

That was two days ago and today I feel like my inguinal glands are swollen (they don't hurt even when applying pressure) and I read that this can be a sign of genital herpes but my all itching has subsided, no pain while urinating, no tingling sensation, labia minora lips and skin on vulva returned back to normal. But the textured patches of skin still remain and are not itchy, tingling, or painful. My cough and chest congestion still remain but have started to alleviate.

Is this an outbreak of genital herpes? I have read that yeast infections can cause sores/blisters but I'm not sure what they appear like? Could the irritation be from the severe scratching and heavy touching/picking in the area?

I have had the same partner for the past four months, but before that I engaged in one case of unprotected vaginal sex (he only inserted it once)

Now my partner is complaining of a sore throat... could I have given him my cold? or is this his first symptom of HSV?

I am very scared for his well being, i have coped with HSV-1 for years and believe i could cope with HSV-2 if that be the case... Is it possible that while kissing my partner with a crusted over cold sore, and then him engaging me in oral sex that he passed on the HSV-1 virus to me? Or that while i engaged in oral sex on him with a crusted cold sore that i passed it on to him via oral to genital contact?

All input is appreciated and welcome

sidenote: I had the same symptoms (discharge, itch, and dryness)

It sounds like just a yeast infection from your sex life. Rough sex can often lead to a change in your bodies bacteria. You are also more likely to get a yeast infection if your immune system is already lower, aka your cold. You can pass oral HSV1 to genitals through oral contact, but if it were your first outbreak that you would be experiencing, it would likely be extremely painful, last for weeks, and the discomfort would be almost unbearable. If your symptoms subsided within a few days, it's likely not HSV1. Also, your HSV discharge would be thin and silver looking and frequent. White and thick is almost sure sign yeast. The only way to know for sure is to get checked. If you have HSV1 orally already, the only way your doctor/planned parenthood will be able to check whether or not you are genitally positive for HSV1 is if you go in when you are having the symptoms and they give you a vsginal exam and test the affected area. A blood test would be pointless because you already have it orally, as many many people do. The bright side of the entire situation is that, since your bodies already carries HSV1 antibodies, your chances of attracting HSV2 from a partner are much less likely than someone without cold sores. And if you DO at some point contract HSV1 genitally, your break outs become extremely rare after the first year, you will not need daily suppressive therapy, and you are less likely to pass it along to partners if you are not prone to outbreaks. In the meantime, stay away from kissing and sexual encounters when you feel that tingle or have an outbreak on your lip. You can pass it to your partners orally, and they in turn can shed without either of you knowing it, and pass it on to your fun parts. So don't worry, see your doctor if it happens again, and take good care of your health and your lip!

I have white bumps over the inside of my vagina and they burn and itch. I went to the doctor and she gave me medication for both a yeast infection and herpes. But the test doesn't come back for a few days. I have had sex with the same person for about 8 months. But mostly I give him oral and I have never had s cold sore and he doesn't have herpes. I had a sore throat and a bit of a fever. I am freaking out please help.

Did your results come back??!?? I need to know!