i am 17 and i had my first yeast infection about six months ago and i brought the treatment at the store. ever since then it seems that everytime i have sex, the yeast infection comes back. can that happen? also i am trying to wait on going to the doctor because i am pregnant and still havent told my mom yet...will a yeast infection hurt my baby?

Pregnancy can cause yeast infections. I had several during both of my pregnancies, and my babies were born healthy. Yeast infections won't harm your baby. Also, if you are having sex with the same person, you could be giving the infection back and forth to each other. Your partner may need to be treated too. Yeast infections are VERY common. Even being on antibiotics will give a woman a yeast infection....every time! There is a prescription pill (Diflucan) that the dr. can prescribe. It's stronger than the over the counter medicine. Go to the dr. and everything will be fine!! :-D