Help! Okay so this took me long to realize but I just noticed that I'm taking swimming lessons next month on the 2 week and that's when my period comes! I don't want to cancel it and it's too late to change the dates, so I was wondering if I will be fine! Please and thank you.

Health Guru
hi, if you use tampons it will be fine to swim on your period :-)

I can't get a tampon in (too tight) is there any way I can swim when on my period? I'm 13

Health Guru
Hi, you would be better off talking to someone like lizzardqueen420 about this as she will probably be able to give you more help than I can on the matter. If you would like me to contact her for you I will and ask her to read your posts :-)

Hello, there are different types of tampons available, do you pick out your own? If so, go for the slender ones - those are more for teens or young girls who first get their periods. Or the second type to pick would be a silky tampon as they slide in. Also when inserting a tampon I always found that it helped in either one of two positions: a squat opened up the vaginal walls a bit more making insertion easier or placing one leg slightly higher (again opening up the vaginal walls). These positions mimic what a doctor gets you to do during a full female check-up after you are sexually active and they start to take vaginal swabs. You will find that because of the pool that a pad will obviously not work but another option which I have never tried are the cups, I don't know if they are for swimming but you can read about them in the drugstore or ask the pharmacist.

Hope this helps and answers your question - Good luck with your swimming lessons!

Just to add that swimming without a tampon while on your period you will bleed into the water, I've had a bath to experiment so a tampon is the only thing that will work.

Health Guru
Thanks lizardqueen I knew I could rely on you to help and give some good advice :-)

Thanks Lizardqueen.  I've tried the slim tampons but I can't get them in.  I'm like super tight i guess, but thanks.

Health Guru
Hi, it could also be that your not relaxed enough when you have tried to insert the tampon and that is making your vagina muscles constrict making you seem extra tight. :-)