Recently I have been suffering bad hayfever and upon blowing my nose I discovered a small red spider on the tissue. It is of course possible it crawled there in the night or even up my nose during the night or was in someway in the tissue packet when it was sealed.
However I live in england and haven't really seen many spiders like this which seems worrying. Over a year ago I went on a holiday to India. The question is should I be worried about this?

Bugs fly or crawl into our noses, mouths and ears. I know, eeewww, but it happens. I have swallowed flying things many times, and buzzing in my ears tells me that there is an unwelcomed visitor in there, usually a skeeter. When we sleep, our mouths usually drop open, this gives an invader a clear shot of entry.
You may have swallowed the bug at any given time and it made its way out thru your nose.
Your trip a year ago wouldn't have anything to do with your buggy issue. A year is a long time for a creepy crawler to take up residency somewhere in your face.
As long as you are not sick, no fever, no stiffness of the joints or flu like symptoms, i would say that your good to go.

Last night I had the unpleasant experience of blowing a huge bloody spider out of my nose after using my neti pot. We looked up the spider and it looks to have been the broad faced sac spider. My nose was bleeding for a bit after this but I didn't feel any thing like a bite. I went to the doctors today and my nose is clear. It was the freakiest thing that every happened to me. We have no idea how or why it was up my nose.

Pippyowl wrote:

Guest wrote:

Similar thing happened to me this morning on the way to work. My nose started bleeding down my throat on the way the a parking lot where I pick up somebody for my carpool. When I get into the parking lot, I blow my nose, and on the tissue is no blood but this big hairy brown spider! Unfortunately all the blood is going straight to my stomach making it ache a bit, but that woke me up this morning.

...This thread is what actual nightmares are made of!