I need to know what spider bite looks alike for I’m pretty sure some spider bitted me yesterday while I was cleaning my cellar. Last night the bitted area looked reddish with a small white something in the center. But today bitted area is much redder and is pretty hard and there’s some white circle around the center dot. My wife says that the brown recluse spider has bitted me. So I’d really like to know does spider bite look alike. Thx.

Hi there I personally was bitted by some kind of a spider who knows how many times for I live in a house surrounded by nature and it’s not odd that I’m bitted by insects such as spider occasionally. But I never had any specific problems except maybe only once when brown recluse spider bitted me. And if you think you’re being bitted by brown recluse spider you better check it out with your doc for this condition needs to be treated right in order to avoid further complications. If the situation is severe this bite may be even treated by corticosteroids including hospitalization. But in most cases cold ice pack and antibiotic treatment would be enough. I was also taking acetaminophen for reducing the pain and if you want to avoid swelling of the bitted area you may elevate your arm or leg wherever you’ve been bitted by a spider. Anyway if the brown recluse spider bitted you than bitted area may become purple or deep blue surrounded by white circle and if you notice a large red outer ring bulls eye alike it may be that you’ve been bitted by this spider. And if the bitted area is reddish, inflamed and itchy and if you have fever, rash or headache you better check it out with your physician.