Hey guys, its vacation now, and I have been in the pool alot, but i'm not sure this is the problem. I also have been having some allergies/cold. Runny nose etc.

This morning I woke up and my ears were (and still are) ringing obnoxiously loud, and I can hearing sounds of wind blowing through my ear. Like when you hear very powerful winds outside and it makes that sorta spooky sound.

Also, whenever I talk everything seems amplified. It doesn't hurt, but it sure is annoying. I have always been overprotective of my ears due to severe ear infections I had as a child.

Any input would be great, thanks.

After swimming to you knock your head to pour the water out? Do it, and your probably sick because you've been in water for a long time.

Do you hit one side of your head while leaning over to remove any water in your ears? Do it after diving into water.

I am a kid and I have had the exact same problem. Ringing can be caused by stress, or you could have an infection. I just got my tubes taken out, but when I had them in, if there was water in my ears the same thing would happen. You could have possible gotten an infection and water is trapped in there? Or there is fluid from your ears that is causing something. The cold could be linked to an infection (sinus maybe? that time of year)

just some things to think about

I had the same thing in my ear. Went to the ENT and he gave me three different ear test at three different visits to him. Because of my ear and the antibiotics I was taking, I had a bout with Vertigo. So straight on that ENT told me I had Menieres Disease.

He scared me to death with the Menieres thing!!!

I am going next week hopefully to see a Neurologist. I have felt a bit dizzy (just one day), but thank the Good Lord, I have had no more Vertigo. I am sure the ENT made a wrong decision.

I don't know how to stop the "wind blowing", but rest is the best thing I could advise. Don't eat too much salt as that will cause the ear to retain fluid.

Possibly your problem is from too many hours in the pool.

I wish you the best and would like to hear from you about your outcome. Good luck and God bless.

Actually..The same darn thing happen to me. Except I wasn't swimming. I have runny nose and a cold. My left ear started ringing and sounds like wind as if you blow in a bottle makes that spooky sound. Glad it's nothing to weird or abnormal. :P So yeah. Idk what it means either.