What are the stages of liver disease? How many stages exist and what happens in each? I’ll appreciate any help about this. I was looking on the net but I need another explanation. Thanks

There are four stages. First one is portal stage: normal sized triads; portal inflammation, subtle bile duct damage and granulomas nodules filled with a variety of inflammatory cells are often detected in this stage. Second is periportal stage. Here are enlarged triads; periportal fibrosis and/or inflammation, typically characterized by the finding of a proliferation of small bile ducts. In third or septal stag -active and/or passive fibrous septae and fourth one is biliary cirrhosis, here are nodules present; garland or jigsaw pattern. Although four typical stages of evolution have been defined, the disease initially is focal with considerable overlap between stages in any one case.