HI THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I AM POSTING AND I AM READING SOME VERY SIMILAR THINGS THAT HAVE HAPPENED TO ME AFTER GALLBLADDER REMOVAL. I DO HAVE DIAHRREA MOST OFTEN, ALTHOUGH I ALWAYS HAD A SLOW SYSTEM SO THIS IS BETTER FOR ME. WHEN I GOT MY GB OUT I WAS PRE MENOPAUSAL GOING THROUGH IT. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN OVERWEIGHT, HOWEVER I HAVE BEEN GOING TO THE GYM AND I WAS DOING QUITE WELL, HOWEVER NOW 3 YEARS AFTER THE SURGERY MY BODY SHAPE CHANGED FOR THE WORSE. I DO NOT WEIGH MYSELF BECAUSE IT IS DEPRESSING TO ME AND I WILL NOT CONTINUE THE GYM; I FOUND THOUGH THAT I GAINED UPPER WEIGHT AROUND MY STOMACH AREA THAT I DID NOT HAVE AND I HAVE A BEHIND SO NOW IT IS BIG IN FRONT AND THE BACK LIKE A DUCK!! IT IS SO DISCOURAGING. MY SIDES - THE MUSCLES HAVE GONE IN AND I HAVE LOST IN WIDTH BUT THE DEPTH IS HORRIBLE. HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE. I DO NOT HAVE THE BEST DIET, BUT IT IS RIDICULOUS. CAN ANYONE SHARE? THANKS . :'(

I have the same problem with weight since I've had my gallbladder removed. I wasnt sure if it was something else or the removal. I have diarehea constantly and I keep thinking how can I gain weight when I am constantly crapping everything out that I eat. I swear I can eat something and 5 minutes later its coming out the other end. The only thing I have found to work for me was when I was taking pain medication for my back, they said it would constipate me but it basically made me regular. I have no energy as well. I keep thinking I'm getting fatter because I have no energy to do anything. Probably because all my energy is flushed down the toilet. Anyways sorry I dont have any answers for you but I can tell you I know where you are coming from and hopefully someone can give us some answers.

Hi im gail and I had gallbladder surgery 3 years ago. I had a lot of trouble from the surgery because I had a gall stone in my bile duct. The surgens could'nt get to the stone so they had to cut me open. Now I am left with no gallbladder and a 6 inch scar accross my stomach. Its is very easy to gain weight for me, so I try to work out as much as I can. I spent a month in the hospital from the surgery. All I have to say is I hope no one goes through what I went through, because it sucks!

You both need to see your doctors. My husband also suffered chronic diarrhea after his gallbladder was removed. He now takes Questran (generic is cholestyramine) which is a binder that helps alleviate the diarrhea. He notices a huge difference when he fails to take this medication. There are several different medications for this so definitely followup with a visit to help control your problem. I too had my gallbladder removed and ended up with softer stools afterwards but not diarrhea and also more urgency when I do need to have a bowel movement. Overall, I consider this better than the constipation I often had prior to the removal.

There are medications to help with diarrhea after gallbladder removal. You need to see your doctor about this. My husband has used cholestyramine for years for this condition after his gallbladder was removed and it makes a huge difference. Hope you get like help soon!

Hi yes I feel the same way especially going to the bathroom. I'm bloated and definately feel like my sides are a big spare tire. I also feel that I have the pain on right sometimes. I just had mine out in Febuary. But I have a question for you. Does your right side of your lower back hurt you? I keep thinking that my bowel has something to do with it. I don't know if their something else going on.

i would like to know if there is a list of foods one can eat and cannot and if smoking and drinking two weeks after is plenty of time. i'm only 25 years old and i do not know what to do . also i had my removal in mexico by accident with no choice of coming to the states. so if any one has any suggestions please post some. thank you very much. jesse

Guest wrote:

just my opinion. i have had alot of back problems also. sometimes if i do get lucky enough to be right around regular then my back does start hurting me. and it is normally on the left side for me. some days i can actually almost outline my colon it is so bad. i had my gallbladder out about seven years ago and i have been living a nightmare every since. i take meds anytime i get ready to eat but it doesnt always help. just sometimes.

Guest wrote:

Quote:

Hi i had my gallbladder removed surgically January 2006 and i find that if i eat too much fat then i have pain on the right side and feel bloated and i get the runs if i eat too much fat aswell so try and stick too fruit and veg. boring i know but i have lost weight and feel much better.

HI I TOO HAVE HAD MY G B OUT JULY 06. , I HAVE HAD BOWEL PROBLEMS EVER SINCE I THINK THEY CALL IT( DUMPPING ) ITS JUST LIKE BILE. I AM NOW ON QUESTRAN LIGHT, THE DOCTOR AT THE HOSPITAL GAVE IT TO ME, I HAVE TO TRY IT FOR 3 MONTHS. IT' NOT ALL GOOD ,SO I AM GOING TO TRY DIET. MAY BE ELIMINATE FATS, IT'S WORTH A TRY.
GOOD LUCK TO EVERY ONE ELSE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM. WHY WERE WE NOT TOLD OF THE SYMPTOMS, AFTER G B REMOVAL.

I had my gall bladder out two years ago. I find I cannot eat certain things
too and have lots of gas daily, My biggest concern is that I found out that
I now have a B1, b12 blood deficiency. This was a surprise to me, as
I have always had a good balanced diet, even though I eat very little
meat and drink minimal milk. I do get milk eating cheese and yogurt. My diet has always been similar, with lots of fruit and vegetables.
Anyone else have this problem ? Also, I have hot sweats continually
even though I am way past menopause. Help!!!! Shirley

Yes, that is one of the worse things about getting your gallbladder out, its like a constant drip now, always have the urge to go. Now that I'm pregnant, I'm more regular, and will only go a couple of times a day (sometimes I get it, but it all depends on what I eat, as certain foods is worse.) I know someone else that this happened to as well. Afraid to go out to eat because within minutes you have to go to the bathroom.

Hi, I had my gallbladder removed 3 years ago and i am still suffering pain on the right side, i have noticed it more after a after eating, if i am in a resturant it is worse because i cannot stretch out i need to lay down, do you also have to sit to the side, i know it sounds strange but upright is uncomfotable, i went to the doctors and was told it could be caused by the cartlidge on the ribs, maybe its what they do to us when they operate, also my bra wire is a pain when it rests on that area, all these things are so annoying, i have to loose weight also, so fingers crossed things may improve, please let me know if anyone has the same, thank you for reading this

Guest wrote:

They didnt tell us so they could get a pay check I have constant pain ranging from my bowels to my back and extemely hard stools. And depression.

Has anyone considered a nutritional approach to resolving any of these symptoms? My gallbladder was so full it had pushed my liver upward causing severe pain in my chest.
Your system has been building sludge, bacteria and parasites for years (especially if you eat food in the U.S.)These things cause issues with weight management, insomnia, exhaustion and stress on top of the already overwhelming daily stress we all endure from work, family and life in general. All of these only lead to poor health. We only have one body in a lifetime and how we take care of it, treat it and nurture it will determine its path!
If you want to bring your health in line with natural, healthy, un-medicated methods.... check into holy tea, shaklee sutritional supplementation and if you are looking for a Weight Management program that will build better health while reducing body fat consider shaklee's Cinch program.
I was 89 lbs overweight in Jan. 07. Started a Cinch Weigh Management Club in my home from Jan. to August 07and lost 39lbs. and 37 inches. Went from a size 26 pants to size 16. I returned to my program last Thursday night and alot of the bowel symptoms you are describing are beginning to subside for me since I began my healthy lifestyle again. It's easy, fun, healthy and less expensive than drugs and other weight programs on the market. If anyone is interested in any of the above methods, let me know and I will gather the information to send to you. Better Health Leads to Happier, Longer Life!