For the past 3 weeks now, i've had this weird situation going on with my liver area. I'm not sure if it's my liver, my gallbladder or my intestines.

When I sit at my computer or drive, I feel this weird pressure around my gallbladder area which extends to the center of my chest, right below my rib cage. It's not so much a pain, it just feels weird, kind of like how a muscle feels the day after working out. Occasionally when i'm laying down, the feeling goes away in my gallbladder area, and i'll feel a very slight pain on the very right side of my body, like directly between my hip and shoulder, towards the bottom of my rib cage.

I asked the doctor about it, he had me do some twists, and put pressure on a few areas and said it doesn't seem like my gallbladder, but when I ask someone who had theirs out, she said its' kind of what she felt a few months before she started having massive attacks from stones. She claims it's the sludge in my gallbladder which could turn into stones.

I'm really at a loss at what it could be. It feels like it could be my liver, or could be my gallbladder, but because it's more of discomfort than pain, I doubt any doctor will give it much thought. So is it possibly the beginning stages to getting gallstones? Thanks for any help!

I am having the exact same feelings you are describing...a kind of pressure which feels like it's coming from under my rib cage on the right side...it doesn't hurt, but it's an annoying pressure sensation...annoying only because it can't be ignored and is worrisome.

Did you ever find out what was causing your discomfort?

I have had a similar problem as the one you are describing. My doctor recommended a CAT scan so I am getting this done today. Will post the results. It is not pain, just pressure...mild pressure and is annoying and cannot be ignored.

I am 29 male and I'm having pressure right side upper to middle abdomen area under upper ribs. Went to the ER and they did a ultra sound on my liver and gallbladder area and also blood work. Everthing came back good. I went for a follow up at my family doctor and he said that I have acid reflux and that its aggravating my gallbladder. He put me on KAPIDEX 60mg. He told me to wait three weeks for the cat scan and there also going to do a hida scan if I still have the pressure after the three weeks go by. I was told the hida scan is a long lasting scan that observes fuction. My question is has anyone ever had acid reflux that aggravates the gallbladder??

What did the cat scan say? I am a 24 yr old male and I have this exact same problem. I have been to the doctor, had blood work done, and went to the gastro. No answers. I have a cat scan scheduled next week. Please write back and let me know what you found out.

I too am having this problem. I have pressure that kind of quivers. I am a 42 yr. old female. I have a history of crohns, scoliosis, osteoarthritis. I have had a portion of my colon removed and have four rods wired to my spine. All the lab work , ultra sound and upper GI show nothing.(except a fatty liver) It seems to bother me more after eating oranges. I want answers cause the pressure is annoying.

I have the same problem. I am an 18 year old female and i keep getting this very uncomfortable pressure. It doesn't hurt but it's very annoying and at times makes me want to cry because i simply can't get comfortable. If anyone finds out what it is that causes this please let me know. I am going to the doctor today but from what I have read online the doctors are completely useless. This is really starting to worry me and I am extremely stressed out because of it. PLEASE HELP!

Did any 1 find out what this is

I've had a similar issue going on for years now.  Last July it flared up pretty bad and I made a trip to the ER as it was making me very nausous and the pressure was making it uncomfortable to breathe.  The did blood work and an ultra sound, said all looked OK, and their best guess was a non functioning gallbladder and referred me to my PCP.  She then ordered a Hidascdan, however, but the time they were able to get me in... a month later, the symptoms were gone.  I've had little flare up's over the past year with a big one which began mid-july.  I gave it about 10 days to calm down, it didn't, back to the PCP and went for the Hidascan a week later... all was normal... a week later was in for a consult with a surgeon to take out what appears to be a trouble free gallbladder, I'm told now we are just going to go thru the process of elimination.  (yea... I left there all kinds of confused).  Nonetheless... I was not on board with his mindset and insisted on further testing.  So., we did the CT Scan... again... normal.  So, for lack of anyone being willing to further discuss my problem, and them being so sure it was gallbladder related, they convinced me that the only way to know for sure is to take it out.  So, two weeks ago, they took it out.  The pain of the surgery was more severe than I was prepared for, the surgeon said it's very minor and I would be on my feet in just a few days.  B.S. and I am not a wimp.  Anyway, the severe surgery pain began to diminish about day 8 and guess what... the original pressure that feel's like a baby sticking it's foot under my ribs is back, and with a vengance.  I went back to the surgeon today (2 weeks after surgery) for a follow up and let him know the orignal problem is back and more pronounced than ever, he said give it a couple more weeks to calm down, that some people still have symptoms up to a couple months after having the gallbladder removed.  I hate to sound like a synic, but I have never felt it is gallbladder related and I am beginning to believe I was right. I hope we all find our cures and are able to improve our quality of life. 

I have had the same issue for three years now. It get exacerbated when Im drinking or havent slept from working too hard. I notice it more after meals. I have gilberts syndrom which is a normaly high elevated billirubin level. I work night shift and the change in sleep or lack of sleep seems to aggrivate it aswell. I have seen a doctor. had blood test. all clear. had an ultrasound. everything checks out. My diet has some fatty foods in it, so my next approch is to 1. clean up my diet and eat limited fatty foods, replace that with healthy foods. exercise. I have switched to days and plan on getting regular and full sleep. third, I need to limit or eliminate alcohol intake. Hopefully these three things help my situation. I will keep an update within the next two weeks. month. two months of my progress. Good luck to all of you who have these same symptoms and please let me know what works for you.

I started developing similar issues.  Abdominal bloating/pressure.  Mostly concentrated right under my rib cage.  Extremely uncomfortable when sitting down or bending forward.  No pain, just extreme discomfort.  Had an Ultrasound and it came back NORMAL.  Have been on Prilosec for three weeks and it hasn't helped.  I just started taking a Probiotic per Doctor's orders.  We'll see if that helps.  I have some more tests coming up and I wont' stop until I figure this out.  And when I do, I'll be sure to post what it is/was.  

FYI - I'm almost 100% positive it's not related to acid reflux!

I Have the same problem DID YOU FIND OUT WHAT IT IS???

I started feeling a slight discomfort under my lower right rib, where my liver is. I don't really drink (I stopped drinking 2 months ago, but never really drank much), but recently I changed my diet to a MUCH healthier regime, including Fibers, vegetables and fruits. I also started exercising. My life change begun about one month ago, but, about 2 days ago, I started feeling the discomfort only when I sit. I'll feel a slight burn if I do abdominal workouts. I read that eating healthy can help clean your liver, so I'm wondering if this has something to do with it. It's freaking me out, though. Anyone have any more feedback? (I don't have health insurance, so I'm doing what I can till I actually see a doctor)

I've had two ultrasounds done. The doctor compared the first to the second and said the swelling in my liver and spleen has gone down in that month. He wants me to just sit it out and see how it gets. I'm frustrated how many of these comments I see with the exact same symptoms and no solution. I had a ton of bloodwork done for STD's, Hepatitis, etc etc and everything comes back clean. Best they can figure is my liver is enflamed, and they aren't sure what could cause it. It could be a virus of some type according to him. I also have a soreness or tenderness in my lower back now. It's completely fine when i'm doing normal activity and standing I don't even notice, but sitting and driving is so distracting because I can feel my organs pressing against my rib, and it's very discomforting. I also suffer from dermagraphism, so maybe it's an immune system response of some kind?Seems like most of us have one sickness or another before this gets to be a problem?

I've had the exact same symptoms many of you describe. A pressure, a kind of crawling sensation, and a dull pain. I've also been through the same tests; all negative. I was told not so long ago that I have a fatty liver, which alarmed me and lead me to research a little. Apparently, eating carbs can give you a fatty liver, and lots of people who have never even had a drink of alcohol have developed cirrhosis. I began eating a low-carb diet, with quite a bit of saturated fat and protein in it, as well as tons of veggies. This feeling has subsided a good deal, and the pain in now completely gone. It seems counter-intuitive to eat fat, such as bacon or cheese, but I've actually lost a good bit of weight, and feel a lot better. I was scheduled to have my gall bladder out, but I don't think I'm going to get it done now. These docs all march to the the beat of the same drum, and what a useless drum it is.