Hi!  I'm 19 and I had unprotected sex on Sept 22  (Yes I know I'm stupid and I will NEVER do this again.)  He pulled out before anything got in me.  I started feeling some light cramps on Oct 2.  These craps are usually what I feel when I first start my period but the cramps I'm having right now isn't as bad and I'm not bleeding.  I usually start my cycle at the beginning of the month.  So I should be starting sometime this week or next. My question is, am I pregnant?? Also, is it safe to go ahead and take a pregnancy test with accurate results?

Hi Autumn,

There is a chance of pregnancy but how high depends on when you ovulate.  When did your last period start?  You'd normally ovulate sometime between days 11-16 of your cycle.  48 hours after ovulation the egg isn't viable so it isn't likely you'd get pregnant.

It is just a bit early to test.  You need to wait at least 2, preferably 3 weeks before testing.  Use ONLY your very first morning urine - wakeup urine - for the most accurate results.

Good luck.

I started my period on the 8th or 9th of October, I can't remember. And Thank You for taking time out to answer my question. I'm really worried. I never thought I would be in this position.

You mean you started your period on the 8th or 9th of September, right?

So it would have been day 14-15 of your cycle. You were likely very near peak fertility.

All you can do is wait a few more days to test. If it comes up negative and you still haven't had your period wait another 7-10 more days then retest. If still negative, and no period, see your doctor.

Always, always, always use ONLY your very first morning urine for best accuracy.

Good luck, keep me posted.

Yes I meant September. And thank you! And I will!

Turns out I'm not pregnant. I got my period a couple days ago! Thanks for your help!

Glad to help. Thanks for the update.