I had sex with my boyfriend on June 28th, 2012, then I had sex with another guy on July 5th, 2012. I'm 6 weeks and 5 days, who would be the father. I know that the measurement is off that's why I know my boyfriend being the father could  be wrong. Also, I am 2 months late and only 6 weeks and 5 days. Is that possible?  Or is something wrong?

Hi 1989,

When was your LAST period?  When did you expect your NEXT?

Doctors base the time off of your LMP.  Why?  Because most women know EXACTLY when that was.

No test can pinpoint, down to the day, when the baby was conceived.  It's all averages.  

My last menstral was May 10-May 15, haven't had a period since.

I expected around June 9th or 10th. It runs every 30 to 31 days.

OK,

May 10 LMP, Sex on June 28 and July 5.

Did you have sex in May??? Sometime between about May 21 to 28th? How long is your cycle?

Normally, cycles run about 28 days and you should have had your next period about June 7.

The timing isn't working. If you have a normal cycle I would have expected your next period to start on June 7 and you could expect to ovulate between June 18-23. The egg is viable for about 2 days.

Normally after about day 18 (the 25th of June) the egg would not be viable and you wouldn't get pregnant.

I'd then expect your next period around July 5. You'd ovulate between about the 16th and 21st. It would be unlikely you'd conceive then.

The numbers aren't working. If your cycle is different, tell me what it is. If you have any idea when you ovulate, that would help.

OK, June 9-10. You could expect to ovulate between June 21-27. The egg is viable for about 2 days, that would cover you until about the 29th.

Boyfriend.

After that it is unlikely the egg is viable.

A DNA test is the only definitive way to know.

O ok. I understand what you're saying. Yes, I think it's him, but I'm still going to do the DNA test when the baby is born. I have to suck it up and be embarrassed. We all learn lessons in life one way or another.

Thanks for all your help!