Please help me. I had a very light period lasting 2 days from 6th April to the 8th of April. I had a 1 night stand on the 9th April however he did not evacuate inside of me. I took a pregnancy clearblue digital test on 26th April and it said positive 3+! I am at my wits end about whether or not I was pregnant before this silly mistake and really hope so as my husband and I have been trying for a long time. Can you help me before I do something stupid as hormones are everywhere!! 

Hi guest,

You would be unlikely to get pregnant IF your period started on 6 April and you had sex on 9 April.  It's just to early by about 3 days.

You'd normally ovulate between days 11-16 of your cycle.  Sperm can survive up to about 5 days - maximum.

That your period is different also indicates you may have already been pregnant.

When was your last NORMAL period and when did you expect your next?  When did you have sex in March?

Thank you for your reply. My last period in March was around the 5th/6th March then we had sex on my birthday weekend of the 20th/21st.
Was expecting my.next one around the start of April as it fluctuates between 28 and 30 day cycle.
I am stressing out so much about what happened as I would lose everything and the only baby I want is my husbands.
I don't think I can wait until my scan on 2nd June. Is there anything the doctor can do to determine how far I am such as quanitative blood tests?

The 20th/21st of March would be near/at your peak fertility. There is a good chance you conceived then.

The home tests ARE NOT accurate as to the conception date. Hcg levels vary greatly. Even a quantitative test may not provide a definitive answer.

From what you've provided I do believe you were already pregnant in April. You can have spotting/bleeding around when your period is due if you are pregnant.

The scan should confirm.

Good luck.