Hi, I have noticed that my urine is changing color – at first it was cloudy and now is dark. Sometimes, there is even some blood. I also have kidney pain. So, I`ve read something about that and fear that I have a kidney cancer. Is that possible? What are the treatment options if so? Is my condition something to really worry about?

Of course you should be worried, it`s not normal to have blood in your urine. Don`t know if you have a kidney cancer, but my Dad had kidney pain and dark urine (smoky brown), followed by vision abnormalities and paleness. He went throw some tests (urine test, kidney x-ray, complete blood count, IVP...) and was diagnosed with renal cell carcinoma, the most common type of kidney cancer. The first symptom is usually blood in the urine. The cancer spreads very fast. My Dad went to a surgery and they removed a part of his kidney. He didn`t go on radiation therapy, however, because the doc said that radiation doesn`t work for renal cell carcinoma. He was also on some meds to stop the spreading of the cancer. Chemotherapy may be used sometimes.