hi for about 8 weeks now i have been having what feels like heart palpitations,i have visited my gp and 2 said they thought i was having panic attacks and 1 thought a stomach ulcer i have ended up in hospital twice due to me going light headed feeling sick and having numbness down both arms and racing heart both times i was watching tv when it happened! its driving me insane i have had 3 ECG's all came back normal i sometimes have pain in my left shoulder or in my upper back around shoulder blades or in my upper stomach both sides, i have sat and taken my pulse when it happens but my heart rate doesnt seem to change, i have another appointment with the docter on monday but feel like im being laughed at and not listened to!

Does your pulse go up when you are experiencing these symptoms? I had similar experience when I felt numbness in my left arm when my pulse was about 155.

I am not a doctor, but I had symptoms like this four years ago. I was in an outstanding hospital for eight days and they did every heart test, GI test, and blood test on the planet. I had five more trips to the ER (three to another hospital) over the next six months. FINALLY, a great pulmonologist (lung doctor) was brought in because I had complained I have trouble breathing, and a "stiff" feeling in my chest when this happens. He sent me to a wonderful neurologist, who he said "likes the weird stuff," and the neurologist read my medical record while he was asking me questions. FIVE minutes into the conversation he said "Oh, you're having seizures, let's try something." He wrote a prescription for Keppra XR, and anti-seizure medication, and TWO HOURS later I felt perfect, like nothing ever happened. I've been on them for 3 and a half years and only occasionally I feel a slight seizure, mild burning in my arms and legs, my heart beats fast and Im a little nauseous. Believe me, three doctors out of eight asked if I had panic attacks. I laughed because I work in a psychiatric unit and said, "if I thought I was having a panic attack, I'd go to work." So, I know what you mean when you say no one believes you. I see my neurologist every four months and all is well. He still does not know what causes them and has never "caught" them on an EEG. However, he said if the Keppra works, he's right. So my suggestion is, make an appointment with a really good neurologist and ask him if it's possible. Or, don't give him any hints and see if he comes up with it himself. Good luck, I feel your pain, but don't give up.