Hey guys, Today is day 9 since I have been diagnoses with Lisfranc dislocation.. My diastasis is appx 2.22mm and my Orthopedic Surgeon is not giving me any other other other than surgery. I am seeking a second opinion but I know time is a key role in this injury. Please if anyone opted out of the surgery I would like to know what your end result was. Were you able to to regain full mobility and return to your everyday life.. I really need people to pray for me as well I am 19 years old and a All star cheerleader hoping to be able to compete again. Email me if you guys have any suggestions or good doctors in the New York Metro Area. 

I'm looking for the same information... I've been reading through these threads but many are outdated and I'm looking for some recent experience (hopefully positive).

I'm 26 years old, recreationally athletic and injured myself during a 5k mud run. I almost made it to the end and decided to do a jump/heel kick in the air for a picture and landed on the side of my foot and knew instantly I had done some serious damage. I felt my foot swell so quickly. I immediately went to the ER where they said no fractures, diagnosed as a severe foot sprain, gave me an orthopedic shoe, crutches and recommended I follow up with my primary care or an ortho within the week. I did, seeing an orthopedic surgeon 5 days later. He reviewed the xrays and said that there "may" be a hairline fracture but treatment would be the same and said that since i could already stand on the foot that keeping the orthopedic shoe would be ok. A cast would be better but the shoe was ok. He had me schedule a follow up in a month. Month later as scheduled I saw another OS (due to location) who recommended an MRI since there was still swelling and put me in a CAM boot.

I just had my follow-up appt today with the foot/ankle specialist to review the MRI and he suspected Lisfranc injury. He had me do weightbearing Xrays, then and there, and confirmed the diagnosis along with 3 small fractures. He wholeheartedly recommended surgery stating it was the "conservative" recommendation. I managed to hold myself together in the doctors office but burst into tears the second I got in the car and all the way home. I'm reading these threads and though I've now composed myself, its not making me feel any better. My biggest issue is I'm not in pain!! i've been able to bear weight (though try not to) on the foot since the second week after the injury. I've been walking in an orthopedic shoe/cam boot without crutches for 4 weeks now!! I admit the foot is still very weak and still swollen but I just can't believe I need surgery (that will cause lots of post-op pain) for something that doesn't currently hurt!

I just can't believe something so stupid is going to effect me for the rest of my life :(

Raquel please update us if you can

I had the surgery in January of 2012 lisfranc dislocation and fracture at the base of my second metatarsal I had three screws and had my screws removed April 2012. I wondered so many times to if I should go ahead with the surgery or not. It is a long healing process but I feel so much better and I know that I gave my foot it's best shot to getting it aligned and to heal correctly. I think that in the long run it will be better and who knows if it is off and caused premature wear and tear and arthritis that is no fun. I hope all is well and would like to know what you decided to do.