Hey, I'm 21 with an 11 month old, trying to conceive. Came off the pill after my period finished on the 30th of October. Last Friday on the 9th of November I started getting light pink/light brown spotting and it lasted for 3 days. On the Sunday it was red/brownish and then it stopped. Ever since then I have had bad stomach cramps, diarrhea for 1 day, lower back pain, stomach tightening, nausea and bad gas. When I go to bed at night I can't get comfortable or sleep at all. Went to have a bacon sandwich Sunday morning and it made me feel sick eating it when usually I love them. I'm extremely tired all the time and get dizzy now and again which makes me lose my balance. am I pregnant?

Dear Nicole

You don't give much information! If you have a normal 28-day cycle, and your period started 26th October, then 9th November could well have been your ovulation day. You would then have had to have had sex between 4th & 10th to have fertilised the egg, but implantation would not take place until 18th, so you can not be pregnant until then (implantation).

Hope this helps

I started my period on the 26 October and it ended on the 30th October.. I started spotting on the 9th of November till the 11th of November and I've been getting my symptoms since the spotting finished.

Oh I almost forgot I have a regular 28 day cycle and I've been having sex like everyday to increase the chances of conception.

Dear Nicole

You could have fertilised the egg, but implantation would not take place until 18th, so you can not be pregnant until then, when implantation actually takes place.

But what symptoms have you been getting since the spotting finished?

Dizzy, tired, slight nausea, stomach cramps, lower back pain. But I don't know if it's too early to have those signs. I just really hope I am pregnant. Should I wait and test after my period is meant to come?

I haven't had any stomach cramps today though, just lower back pain, dizziness, and feeling really tired plus I cant get comfortable or sleep but I don't know if it's because I've got this "am I pregnant" question going on in my head all night cause I just really want to know.

I think waiting until after you next due period has failed to materialise is the best way. At this stage you are not pregnant, but an egg may well have been fertilised. Implantation must occur before you are pregnant, and that process is not guaranteed. Don't get too excited yet, because for some women, after coming off the pill, it takes time to conceive.

Thanks for your help. Its helped a lot.

Glad to help

Take Care

I have the same in my mid 40's and had a hysterectomy so it isn't pregnancy but interested also to find out what the same signs are.. 

Well my period came and turned out I had gastritis which you can get after having surgery cause I had a c-section so you may well have that. Go and check with your doctor though.