I smoke Benson & hedges I buy them from a res in idaho. Anyhow sometimes the shop I buy them from is out and I have to a look for different shop .I usually get cartons of stale cigarettes. It pisses me off I have cartons of cigs that I have thrown away because they are stale. Anybody else experience this with there cigarettes? Or am I too finicky? I never heard of anyone else I know that knows the taste difference from fresh and stale cigs but also when there stale seems to be if you have a soft pack if you squeeze it and it feels like crackers crunching there stale. Too me stale cigs taste terrible.

I'm smoking a stale Marlboro Red right now. I can definitely taste the difference, but it doesn't bother me. My cigarettes usually go stale when I leave open packs laying around. I wouldn't throw cartons away though. A quick fix for stale cigs it to put them in a freezer for a few hours. Just be sure not to freezer burn them. You can taste that too. :-)

just passing by, but, been a smoker for some years now. and, i've run into this problem plenty of times. if you can't return the cigs, just steam them to add moisture. works wonderss, yet time consuming when you gotta have one right away.

tip: you can even add flavors such as mint, chocolate, or whatever for extra taste.

If you have a pack of stale cigs...the only thing i found reasonable is to lock the pack in an airtight container, pack slightly opened, with a square of moist paper towell for about an hour. Did the trick for me!

Is smoking something freezer burnt bad for you?

I just tried a quick easy fix and it worked! Blow through the filter of a cig 2 or 3 times. Light and smoke. Easy as pie!

It's weird I smoke organic cigarettes (American spirit menthols). My pack was fresh when I opened it then I noticed I'd inhale and wouldn't get a lot of smoke and the nicotine tasted considerably different like I'd inhale and it'd taste too concentrated unlike before. I'd go to clip my cigarettes and it was like dry and just popped out of the tube. You're not picky and like he said put them in a freezer. It'll be a little better instead of smoking wood flakes.