I am experiencing a very strange cycle. Begining of day 12, my cervical mucus started to clear out alittle bit, by the 13, got stretchy with a pink tinge, and by day 13, stretchy with dark pink (light red), and day 14 and 15, it gradually turned dark red and now to brown. Still stretchy mucus when I wipe. I've been having sex everyday trying to conceive, but by my day 14 and 15, it turned red and dark brown-stretchy... is getting me worry. And also, i do get stretchy mucus, only when i wipe or after bowel movement though. During sex, no vaginal secretion that much. Have to try real hard to get me wet. Is that normal. And on the day 15, the sex was a little bit painful. Did I even ovulate. Or have not yet ovulated ? Or my sex was an worthless effort? Can somebody tell me. Thank you so much.

Stretchy discharge usually means you're ovulating, though you're only really sure that is true if you have been following what your discharge is usually like. Ovulation discharge looks like raw egg whites. Discharge is also different after sex or exercise, so that could be what you are talking about as well. If it IS due to ovulation, the blood could be an ovulation bleeding. Some women get those when they ovulate, and they are nothing to worry about. Blood can also be caused by more passionate sex... the cervix sometimes gets a little irritated and a bit of spotting occurs. 

You should go and buy an ovulation kit so you can determine when you ovulate as every women has a different cycle. You may also want to wait until your next period is due and take a HPT test. What you are describing may or may not be implantation bleeding.

It wouldn't be implantation bleeding that early. It is possible that all the sex has irritated you cervix, causing it to bleed slightly. The stretchy mucous from ovulation can last for several days and usually ovulation occurs on the last day or just after it stops. Keep trying, good luck

it could be due to a follicle erupting (the egg finally hatching out of the ovary) or it could be due to sexual activity, something which could heal soon by itslef. Keep track of your cycle and if you experience bleeding when you shouldn't, best to see the doc for peace of mind. Once conception takes place, implantation bleeding usually occurs a week or two, (usually at the same time of the missed period). Try not to stress and enjoy the sex for the baby but also for yourselves!

hi, your post is quite a while back now, so i'm hoping you're still on this site occasionally. i am experiencing EXACTLY the same as what you described here, and was wondering what the outcome was for you, as it might help me.
thank you!

hi just had a dark pink mugus plug now just getting brownish spotting what was your outcome

Hello - I experienced the same thing. Very dark brown mucus like secretion when you wipe after a bowel movement. It comes out only if you try and wipe (like after passing urine). It lasted only a day. I was wondering what was the final outcome for the other two people who reported this?

I have been experiencing something very similar as well; however, in my case it started happening after I had my son by c-section. Ever since I began having my period again, I notice that my cervical mucus has dried blood in it or is brownish in colour. My son is 17months old now. Could my uterus still be healing all this time later and shedding blood? I would love to hear your outcomes were.

Hiya im 5 week pregnant through IVF and i had exacally the same thing happen to me, been to the doctors today at the womens hospital and they did a pelivc examination and they said that i have a ectropian cervix. The lining of my womb is protruding out through my cervix which is causing pinkish - red discahrge and bleeding. They advised not to have sex as this will make it worse and also it is nothing to worry about and will not affect my baby. hope i have helped

I'm just had a stretchy brownish discharge after using the restroom as well. I'm nine days late, but this is my first month off my pills. How did you other women turn out?

RE: "I have been experiencing something very similar as well; however, in my case it started happening after I had my son by c-section. Ever since I began having my period again, I notice that my cervical mucus has dried blood in it or is brownish in colour. My son is 17months old now. Could my uterus still be healing all this time later and shedding blood? I would love to hear your outcomes were"

i am in the same sitation. My son is 2 years old now and i never had this before the c-section. what happened in your cases in the end?

RE: "I have been experiencing something very similar as well; however, in my case it started happening after I had my son by c-section. Ever since I began having my period again, I notice that my cervical mucus has dried blood in it or is brownish in colour. My son is 17months old now. Could my uterus still be healing all this time later and shedding blood? I would love to hear your outcomes were".

same thing for me too! but only after my second c-section. my son from the 2nd c-section is 14 months now. i'm also experiencing heavy cramping right before this discharge comes, with more pain on one side. the cramps are so bad i have to use my breathing exercises from when i was in labor!! i'm making an appointment with an ob-gyn in September - i'll keep you all posted....
- TooTiredMommy

"RE: "I have been experiencing something very similar as well; however, in my case it started happening after I had my son by c-section. Ever since I began having my period again, I notice that my cervical mucus has dried blood in it or is brownish in colour. My son is 17months old now. Could my uterus still be healing all this time later and shedding blood? I would love to hear your outcomes were".

- TooTiredMommy "

Wow, I have the same thing going on now! Only difference is I have had 3 c-sections and my youngest is about to turn 1 on 9-2. I have the stretchy brown mucus after cramping. Hubby and I've been TTC for 10 months now and nothing. Going to OB-GYN later today, will try to repost later.

-3in3years

Same here for me after c-section...my second child and section and the second one was pretty traumatic...I bled a lot, went unconscious, and had to have blood transfusions. My boys are 5 and 2 1/2. Please tell me if anyone gets any ideas about this is about.