I'm 37 with a 4 year old who was born via emergency c section. My recovery was normal except I had a longer time bleeding than normal after a C. Then, I had a miscarriage last year around march, but was very stressed and was not in tune with my body, and didn't know I was pregnant. I didn't have many pregnancy symptoms (just exhaustion and bloating) and miscarried at 13 weeks. Problem is, the miscarriage was not complete, and I had to have surgery (d and c). I bled a lot and ended up anemic. It was pretty traumatic, but my iron quickly recovered. We started trying again this month, (over a year later). My period started May 17 and we had sex may 29 and 31 around ovulation time. I started having extremely light pink discharge (if I wasn't looking I might have missed it) 7 days after our first intercourse (or post-ovulation) on june 5. The next day there was a little more, and it was noticeable in my panties. The next day it seemed to slow down again. Then yesterday (day 4 of it) it started looking more brown and a little clotty/mucousy. It was only clots when I peed, and nothing in the panties, but a little brown mucus on the TP. (sorry for the details, but I'm really nervous). Today, there's more brown clotty mucus every time I pee, and I'm worried I'm miscarrying again but the last one I had a steady flow of blood for a half hour with huge clots (maybe because I was so far along already) I'm hoping this is just implantation bleeding, and am feeling sick waiting for thursday when my period is supposed to come. :S

Have you ever gotten your period before?

I'm experiencing something very similar right now. Im on day 8 now and as the days progress its being closer to my period, and a little stronger. I haven't ever had a period last this long in my life.

How did things turn out for you??