I know that cervical mucus changes in texture around the ovulation period of the menstration cycle. Do these changes still occur in the same way when you're pregnant?

I am wondering the same thing as it seems that I am getting fairly normal (though less) changes in my c/m even though I've had 2 positive pregnancy tests.

Does anyone have an answer to this question?

I wouldn’t say that the same reasons as with ovulation are causing the changes in cervical mucus and vaginal discharge when you are pregnant, simply because you don’t ovulate when you’re pregnant, but, it’s somewhat similar to some women experiencing spotting or bleeding when they are pregnant.

This happens because your body doesn’t just simply shut down the production of hormones that used to regulate the ovulation, but it still continues to produce them, together with hormones that are necessary for keeping the successful pregnancy. This only means that things are not always as are in textbooks, but that different women have somewhat different pregnancies. Still, all of these variations are normal.