Hi! I am 8 weeks pregnant and have been having brown cerivcal mucus every couple days..maybe once a week. It's not a whole lot, but i have been wearing a pantyliner to track how much is coming out. I am wondering if it is anything to worry about, and haven't been able to find any topics with women who are pregnant and experiencing this. This is my first pregnancy and I'm wondering if this is a threatened miscarriage?

Call your doctor!! No one can tell you until they have examined you and the baby to make sure you are ok!

I am 11 weeks pregnant with my first baby and I just went to the doctor last week for this very thing. I have been having brownish to pinkish cervical stretchy mucus every day or two for about the last ten days. It has been a scant amount (a drop or two)... and I went in. The doctor said that every once and a while women get this brownish mucus and it's not nesicarily indicative of a miscarrage. Infact, it's generally indicative of implantation or it can just be the fetus pushing out extra old blood out of your uterus. In conclusion, she stated to just keep track of when and how much, color and consistancy of the discharge.

Hopefully this helps... usually if you experience signs of a miscarrage you would experience increased bleeding and eventually have contractions, or back labor. Unfortunately for a miscarrage there is nothing that they can do, and nothing in particular that you would do to cause one. Miscarrage only happens in about 13-20% of women and like the doc was saying, a lot of women experience early brown mucus in the early months of pregnancy, we may never know the exact cause.

I have just had the same thing. I am 7 weeks pregnant and have brownish CM. I am a little worried about this and I plan to call the dr tomorrow. Hopefully everything is okay. I dont feel sick or have any pains, but it's best to be sure.

After reading these comments I feel a little better.

Thank you.

About 11 years ago, I experienced brown discharge at 8 wks. pregnant. I immediatley went to the doctor but she assured me that it didn't neccassarily mean I was going to have a miscarriage. But at 13 weeks I began bleeding heavier and it was mixed with red tinge. I knew something was wrong so I immediatley went to the emergency room where they told me my fetus did not have a heartbeat and it had stopped growing at 8 wks. I was devastated because I knew something was wrong from the beginning. That was my first pregnancy but since then I have been pregnant 5 times all went full term and I even have twins! Don't stress yourself too much but be prepared for the possibility of a miscarriage. It wil be painful but in time your heart will heal and you will have a successful pregnancy in the future. Take care of your self and remember if it happens it is not your fault, the baby might have had some type of malformation, which often causes miscarriage. Be strong hang in there!