Hi, my father is 65 years old and he is going to subtotal gasterectomy next week. Tumor was found on his stomach and his doctor suggested him urgent operation. Everything started several months ago when he felt a pain and acid reflux from his stomach. He thought it was just gastritis and it would pass soon. Unfortunately it didn't happen and he has to go on operation. I am very concerned so please if there is someone with similar experience share it with me.

Hi, my friend had same operation last year. Part of his stomach was removed because of tumor which was found there. He didn't have some specific symptoms but he also felt acid regurgitation. In this case part of stomach stays on its place while the damaged part has to be removed. After operation your father will probably get chemotherapy which would prevent any further spread of cancerous cells.