Hello. I'm 27 years old female and just yesterday I've heard this terrible news. My father has been diagnosed with one serious skin condition called squamous cell carcinoma.
From what I know about it- it is a tumor!
Is it benignant or malign –I really don’t know and I would like to hear more about it.
He was healthy for almost all his life and really never been to a doctor. What's most important- I would like if someone could tell me what are the risks and what is the prognosis for this kind of skin tumor!

Hi. Well, you said it right- it is a skin tumor and unfortunately- we are talking about very aggressive, invasive malignant tumor.
I must also tell you that it is far more aggressive than basal cell cancer, which is second dangerous tumor of the skin.
You know that these malignant tumors are called like that because they spread fast and that can affect internal organs!
You probably assume that the prognosis depends from timing of discovery. If discovered early- it can be cure completely with some surgical excision and that’s all. If discovered late- the prognosis is very bad because the therapy also includes chemotherapy!

I would recomend talking with someone with a DEGREE about it. The response I just read it partially incorrect. Skin Cancer is always bad no matter what but many people are diagnosed with either Squamous or Basal Cell Carcinoma and they go through procedures to have the cancerous cells removed. My Father also had skin cancer and he is perfectly fine. The skin cancer never even came back.

Ps. Doctors dont know everything, I was just sent home over the weekend from my doctors office and was told I had some incurable disease....and turns out I have nothing. Funny huh?