Sometimes after I have exercised pretty hard or have been looking at a computer screen to long I will get this pressure in the bridge of my nose that feels like someone is pinching it right where the cartilage meets between the eyes. I am not sick nor do I have any sinus issues and it doesn't result in a headache or anything like that. I am just curious as to what might be causing this.

Did you find out what the cause of this was? I have similar tightness on the nose bridge and also around eyes. I get the additional symptom of feeling like I am off balance or moving. Both sinus and ear issues have been ruled out.

I found this blog because I am having the same build up of pressure on my nose bridge. I also go to work and sit behind a computer all day and then go to the gym. Sometimes it makes me feel lightheaded. I was driving home from the gym and was worried I could get into an accident. I had to pull off the road and try to not feel "lightheaded". I started to do facial exercises and felt stiffness above my cheeks towards the side of my nose bridge(googled facial muscles and a diagram on google images says its called the "levator labii superioris alaeque nasi").

Same here.....off balance feeling, can't find anything...

I was diagnosed MdDS. Mal de Debarqment syndrome. I’m reading this with interest, noting that previous respondents talked about feeling out of balance. I very much think this was an otolith dysfunction. I was rocking and bobbing, vision issues. I can explain all symptoms away with this vestibular mismatch. However, I cannot explain the weird head pressure, and pressure at the bridge of the nose I had as well, when I was symptomatic ( for 4 months). I did have a camera shoved up my nose, and sinuses were completely clear.

I started working out 2 weeks ago and have consistently noticed a pinching pressure on the two sides of the bridge of the nose. No other issue but the pressure is very irritating and annoying. Any leads on diagnosis of the issue?

Do you have TMJ or does your jaw click when opening?

Jaw doesn't click. Been to the docs multiple times, they never said anything about tmj

What other symptoms can with your mdds

Hi is tmj related to nose bridge pressure

Any new updates? I have had sinus pressure in the bridge of my nose as well. I also have tmj is there a connection?

Hey I'm a medical student. You may want to consider benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV). There's a very quick fix that you can do at home called the Epley maneuver. Worth googling and seeing if it matches your symptoms. BPPV is not specifically related to the nose but could explain some of the balance issues you guys are describing.

The most common cause of nasal pain would be unrecognized/undiagnosed low-grade chronic sinusitis and the literature does report cases where people feel dizzy due to this condition. Other things that can cause symptoms as described include allergies, tiredness, stress, excess caffeine or other drugs (e.g. alcohol), cold (your peripheral vessels constrict when it is cold), and ear infections (which link to the nasopharynx through the eustachian tube). Try limiting your contact with these risks and see if it fixes the problem. You might also be experiencing a drug reaction if you are on multiple medications.

TMJ means temporomandibular joint and is not a disease. Everyone has a TMJ. It may click if you have arthritis, have injured your jaw, or have a connective tissue disorder.

Hope this helps guys. I'm only a first year so I'm afraid I can't offer to much in addition. Cheers.

New Member
1 post
Hi, I know this a bit of a delayed response but just wondered if you ever got anywhere with this? I have had the same pinching type of pressure on each side of the bridge of my nose for well over a year now. It doesn't come & go it's always there 24 hours a day. Had MRI & CT scans, all clear apparently. Doctors are convinced it's a migraine (it's not) & are treating it as such with beta blockers & amitriptyline which don't do a single to relieve. It's really getting me down & no seems to know or understand what it os or how it feels.

I have the exact same thing. It all started in end of June which I thought was a sinus infection. I went to doctor was on antibiotics, steroids did Flonase you name it. Was referred to an ENT and he put me on Azelastine nasal spray. It didn’t work I got a little relief but nothing major. Had a CT scan of sinuses was diagnosed with deviated septum and enlarged inferior turbinates. My ENT said you shouldn’t get pain or pressure in nose or face with this diagnosis. Only get a stuffy block nose and have difficulty breathing out of nostril. I am not convinced!! I no longer have the stuffy nose and I never had difficulty breathing. He said many people have deviated septum and it should be symptoms unless it’s severely deviated which mine is not. He sent me to a neurologist had a MRI done and it came back as light migraines. But I always have had migraines but what I have is not a migraine. I have pressure around my temples, nose bridge and cheeks it switches those areas throughout the day. When I lay down the pressure is there as well. I am miserable.. I have tried beta blockers, anxiety meds you name it. I rise with the neti pot twice sometimes three times a day. I know a lot of people that are suffering from this here recently that’s why I been on a search for answers. I was also thinking I have TMJ since I have had Invisalign aligners since April but I took those out for about a week and still the pressure. I put warm compresses in my face to try to relax and pray. I am hoping this goes away soon because it’s some annoying, uncomfortable and causes major anxiety for me.

New Member
1 post
I have recently been helped by my chiropractor who is an atlas specialist. I had a huge inflammatory response after a week and a half of invisalign--that caused nose/head pressure (and others symptoms) resulting from the nerve signals from my TMJ getting out of whack. This knocked my atlas out and relayed to my trigeminal nerve (affects whole face). When your atlas is out you don't have proper blood flow or healing. I think the pressure you are feeling is angry/excited nerves. I am slowly getting better once my atlas was put in place (I go regularly to keep it in place) and I ice the lower base of my skull and neck 20 minutes at a time as often as possible to bring the inflammation down in my nervous system. I take a non THC CBD oil (AX formula =with ingredients for anxiety) until this subsides. I am getting better.