I am 32 years old and for the last 15 years I occasionally get the following symptons: I know this is coming on when at first my vision gets blurred, a few minutes later my right hand starts to go numb, not asleep tingly numb but more of a can't control or feel it kind of numb. After a few minutes 3-5, it starts to move up my arm slowly, then into the side of my face then into my vocal cords where it is difficult for me to think straight and talk correctly then it moves down the side of my body, down my leg then goes away. The whole cycle usually takes 30 to 40 minutes.

I have had blood work done, CAT scans, MRI's and they tell me there is nothing wrong BUT if there isn't anything wrong then what is my body doing! Anyone who has experienced this let me know what treatment you have had.

Have they just given up on you, just like that? Can you do anything during these 40 minutes? It sounds as if something’s going on with your nerves but I don’t know which one since it is happening through the same body. And this blurry vision seems like some kind of aura that is letting you know it is going to happen right? Just like when someone’s suffering from migraines!

Have you tried any of the alternative methods? Acupuncture, which is a Chinese method also performed by many conventional doctors or maybe ayurveda, which is an Indian method?

Well, if conventional medicine has given up, I would seek help elsewhere. You can at least trying to talk with one of the doctors who performs acupuncture and see if there’s anything they can do for you! Good luck!

I have only had this happen 2 x in my life and they were three years apart. I'm going to my family physician to get a referral to a neuroligist. The emergency room told me it could be occular migraines. Let me know if you found out what this is. I may be able to point my drs. in the right direction.

I have something like what you. Have you ever had lypoma's removed from the back of your head? Mine is from the surgery I had years ago, they cut a nerve there and now I have trigeminal neuralgia in my face which starts out numb like bells palsy then the pain begins after. In my arms, hands and now feet I have neuropathy. Have your doctor check you for these it might be what you have.

Best Wishes

Shirley

I get the same type symptoms. I get a dizzying sensation, then my hand goes numb( not completely just enough to make it clumsy and hard to controll.) Then it moves up my arm and my face (the right side) goes numb. Lately when this happens my left side of my face only near my nose also gets a tingling sensation. My right leg usaually is where I feel this first. I knew yesterday that my leg felt weak then this morning I had all the symptoms.
I have had two MRI's of the brain and upper back; They showed a pinched nearve and some hyrniated disks, the Dr. say's none of these should be causing my symptoms. They were checking for MS so far no signof that. I do need to say these symptoms have been coming and going for over 10yrs I am now 28 yrs old. I am waiting on my third MRI of the lower back. If that comes back normal I will be getting a spinal tap to further cheack for MS or other Neuro. disorders. I also had a nerve test that did show a slow reading from my right hand to my right brain, once again though the Dr. said it wasn't significant enough to be causing me all of these problems.
As far as managing these strange goings on in my body, I have turned to a chiropractor. She does seem to help in getting the symptoms to subside.
Good Luck,
Andrea

I have just returned home from having been in hospital for the past 5 days after having experienced the exact same symptoms as you Betty. I am a 21 year old female, healthy non-smoker. Just 5 days ago I was downtown when all of a sudden my sight in my right eye went strange. I couldnt quite work out what went wrong at first, but after closing the left eye and looking at objects I could see that I was seeing only half the object with my right eye. There was a whole side of the right eyes vision missing,this presented a blurry vison and with this it brought about a slight loss off coordination. This lasted about 15mins, and then after that dissapeared all of a sudden my right hand/arm began feeling numb all over to the point where i couldnt feel it, and then a strange tingling feeling came over it. This lasted for about 10mins, and then as i was entering the hospital minutes later this numbing sensation moved to my mouth, my gums and then my tongue. Just before this I experienced a difficulty talking, and even thinking straight. Words just wouldnt come to my mind when i wanted to say something! Once in the hospital i felt it in my legs, and then gone.. all symptoms dissapeared! All in all it lasted around about 40mins. I then had a slight headache on the left side of my head to follow.
When my mum found what you had written here on this site, she immediatly sent it to me, and i was almost shocked to see how similar the symptoms are.
I also had a MRI, EcoHeart, Duplos ultrasound, and many blood tests.
The Nurologests concluded that i experienced a 'complicated migraine'.
But the doctors believe that it could also have been a TIA, which is far more serious. I am now waiting for my blood results, as this will help determine. A TIA is a mini-stroke, (can often be a warning for a major stroke which is yet to come) it is related to blood clotting, and blocking a part of the brain. I have blood clotting in my family history so we cant rule out this possibiblty.
All of this to say.. if it is C-Migraine then there is no medication for it, but it isnt apparently harmful to the body or brain.
If it is TIA, i will need immediate treatment, usually some type of medicine to thin the blood, or to prevent the blood clotting.
*****
I would love to be in touch with you.

Lily

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

I first had blurred vision were I f i closed my left eye I could see but half of the mans face I was looking at... then my fingertips went numb and it traveled down my right hand then it moved to my right side of my mouth. During this I had trouble speaking exactly what I wanted to say. This all ended with a severe migraine that made me weazy at my stomach! Was it just a really bad migraine?

I had the exact symptoms is it more severe or just a migraine

Hello guys,

I am a 24 year old female. I first experienced those symptoms when I was about 13. First my vision would get really blurry (like a disco ball being right in front of you). Then the right side of my body (from head to toes) would go numb while at the same time, my head would be throbbing with pain. There were times where I had to throw up also. These symptoms would last for about 1 hour and it would go away. However, the bad headache would linger for another 6 hours or so. The last time I experienced this was when I was about 16 years old. I had a couple of CAT scans and one MRI but the doctors said they couldn't find anything. I was told that the only thing they could think of was a Migraine. It has been 8 years since this occurred but my vision is getting worse by the day and corrective lenses/ glasses would not help.

I have has the same symptoms but mine have lasted for a year they thought i was having a stroke im only 27 turns out it wasn't then i had an mri done and blood work everything was normal too. It started to make my face numb about a week ago wich freaked me out more then the arm. I have to see a neurologist some time. My docotor said it could be the onsets of ms though.

Did you ever find out what this is cause I have the same thing, matter of fact right now, my left hand is numb and left side of my face. Been getting these ever since I was in my teens. Please let me know if you find out what it could be. shellyrenee@mindspring.com

I AM 25 YEARS OLD AND WHEN I WAS ABOUT 18 I HAD MY FIRST ATTACK AS I CALL THEM. THE FIRST ONE WAS JUST MY EYES GOING ALL ODD ON ME WERE I COULDNT SEE GOOD AND FELT KINDA LIKE I WAS PASSING OUT. THAT SCARED ME BAD SO THAT ALL I COULD THINK ABOUT THAT HAPPENING AGAIN SO THEN I GOT ANXITEY BECAUSE THAT KEPT GOING ON. ABOUT 3 YRS AGO I WAS CLEANING AND ALL AT ONCE MY EYES STARTED GOING BLURRY AND THEN ABOUT 10 MINS LATER MY RIGH HAND WENT NUMB NOT TINGLING OR THROBING BUT NUMB I COULDNT FEEL IT WAS THERE AT ALL IT STARTS IN MY THUMB OR PINKY AND SPREDS TO THE OTHER FINGERS AND UP TO MY WRIST SOMETIMES MORE THEN MY FACE LIPS AND LAST FOR ABOUT 5-10 MINS SOMETIMES IT GOES AWAY AND COMES BACK THEN I GET AN AWFUL HEAD ACHE ON THE OP SIDE OF WHICHEVER HABD WENT NUMB FOR THAT ATTACK. IT SCARES ME SO BAD THE DRS SAY THAT ITS ALL IN MY HEAD AND IM FINE . THEY USE TO HAPPEN LIKE A YR APART FOR THE FIRST TWO YEARS NOW THEY ARE STARTING TO BE CLOSE LIKE A FEW MONTHS AND WEEKS APART IS SCARES ME SO BAD I FEEL LIKE IM SO WEAK ALL THE TIME AND I DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON WITH MT BODY . THE DRS JUST TELL ME I NEED TO RELAX I KNOW IM NOT CRAZY. ITS REAL AND ITS NOT A PANIC ATTACK LIKE THEY ALWAYS TRY TO SAY WHEN THEY CANT FIND WHATS WRONG WITH PPL ANYWAYS I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME
_[removed]_

I AM 25 YRS OLD AND HAVE BEEN GETTING THE SAME THINGS GOING ON WITH ME. IT STARTS WITH MY EYES GOING ALL BLURRY AND THEN MY HAND WILL START TO GO NUMB NOT TINGLY NUMB BUT NUMB YOU COULD CUT ME AND I WOULDNT FEEL IT. THEN WHEN ITS OVER ILL GET THIS HEAD ACHE THAT IS SO BAD IT MAKES ME SICK. I STARTED HAVING THESE ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO I HAD ONE THEN A YR LATER I HAD ANOTHER NOW THEY ARE STARTING TO HAPPEN MONTHS SOMETIMES WEEKS APART. I GO TO THE ER AND THEY SAY THAT IM FINE MUST HAVE JUST BEEN A PANIC ATTACK WHICH THEY WERE NOT PANIC ATTACK I THE DRS MAKE ME SO MAD THIS IS SCARING ME SO BAD NOT KNOWING WHAT IS GOING ON IT HAS GIVEN ME ANXIETY CAUSE IM SCARED THAT ITS A STROKE OR SOMETHING AND THEY ARENT FINDING IT BUT NOW DAYS IF THEY CANT FIGURE OUT WHATS WRONG WITH SOMEBODY THEY SAY ITS A PANIC ATTACK. SO PLEASE IF ANY OF YOU FIND OUT WHATS GOING ON PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I ALWAYS FEEL VERY WEAK ALOT AND TIRED AND WILL HAVE ODD BODY PAINS FOR NO REASON IM NOT SURE WHAT IS GOING ON BUT I HOPE THAT WE ALL CAN FIND OUR ANSWERS IDONT THINK ITS JUST A HEAD ACHE CAUSE WITH ME THE HEAD ACHE COMES ON AFTER THE ATTACK BUT WHO KNOWS BUT THEY SCARE ME REALLY BAD AND I HATE HAVING THEM GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL

i have had that twice since i've been pregnant. the blurry vision where i only see half the object, the numbness in my left hand and last time it was in both hands, and also the tingling in my lips. at first i thought it had to do with the pregnancy but after reading these i figured it has nothing to do with the pregnancy although the pregnancy might have triggered these to start.

Last Friday, it happened to me, for the first time... I was leaving work and got this weird headache on my left temple, my vision went blurry, like half the words were missing, that lasted about 10 minutes then when I could see words I couldn't understand what they said and my right hand went numb, it ran up my arm to the right side of my face and in my mouth, which lasted about 10 minutes as well.. I was really scared. I went straight to the emergency room, which was a 5 hour wait, so I left and went to a doctors office instead... she put me on a waiting list for a CT Scan but said it was probably some kind of panic attack... I called tele health just to see what they would say. They told me it probably couldn't have been a panic attack(the symptoms don't match). Im worried it will happen again, if my hand falls asleep, I feel a headache coming on or anything I get worried its going to happen. Has anyone found out any more info on what it could be?? any results of test that show anything?
thanks for your help.