For those of you who suffer from them, have you had them all your life? If not, when did they start?

Seeing a few headache threads the last few days made me start wondering. I'm 22 and I don't get headaches. Are headaches something that become more frequent as we get older?

From about my junior year in high school until about a year ago, I had eye strain behind my right eye. My mom told me it was the side effect of an eye operation I had to have when I was a baby.

I tried everything for my "yellers and screamers" (as I call them) - aspirin, ibuprofen, eye exercieses, ice, pressure. Nothing to do but wait it out, which could go from one to three days.

But they now seem to have gone away. Thank you, God.

I get headaches to warn me my period's coming, and that's a different animal than my usual ones, which are due to the autoimmune disease I've got, and stress.

I love that "yellers and screamers"! Sounds sort of like the "chainsaw" variety I experience! :D

I get tension headaches pretty often (pain in the forehead and back of the neck) but exercise and Excedrin seem to work pretty well.

Not very often.
When I do I usually ride them out.

I've suffered from migraines since I was 15. They usually come on the weeks before and during my period, and I've determined it's a progesterone fluctuation thing since my IUD has progesterone in it and my migraines have been a bit fewer since getting my IUD. I take Maxalt when they hit, and ibuprofen to help stave them off. Sometimes the ibuprofen works, sometimes it does not.

Regular headaches though, I get several times a week, so I go through ibuprofen like crazy. I should buy the big generic bottle at Sams, but I have issues with paying $13 bottles for ANY bottle of otc pills, regardless how many there are. I'm trying to get over that, because I would save scads of money in the long run. I have a hard time taking them when one comes on, because I always think that it won't be a big deal. I'm always wrong. Always. Headaches are just a way of life for me. I think they're mostly stress-related.

Libby seems to be following in my footsteps. She gets a lot of headaches too, and I wouldn't be surprised that once she hits puberty, she suffers from migraines as well.

Yes - have had them my whole life (I have early memories of succumbing to nausea as a result of some) and now I suffer from migraines.
I take imitrex during the day or a few tylenol PM if they occur at night - when that combo won't work....<??>

I do not get them very often, but have had them all of my life. A couple of Advil and I am good to go.

Ok. So the general consensus is that they don't happen with age. It is just something that has happened all your life.

Cool.

I've found the # of my headaches has decreased incrementally with the decrease in the amount of my beer comsumption.

Very infrequent. Put me on an amusement park ride.. guaranteed :puke:

I get headaches from allergies and I've gotten those all my life. Usually advil or some sort of antihistamine will knock it but I usually just deal with them unless they get really bad/migrainish.

Not very often. Only when i get sick, or something similar. I either ride it out or take Tylenol/Motrim (i swear i take it for everything).

Allergies are the cause of mine.

Heat, stress, or allergies bring mine on.

Excedrin is one of man's greatest inventions!