I gave up from college this year because I just can't study, I think it is mostly like that because I am suffering from depression and it just won't let me focus on studying, but anyway, I made my mind already and I dropped out of college and now I want to work.

I am here to ask you if you think that I could work since I am suffering from depression and I am having panic attacks occasionally. I mean, since these things were a problem while I was studying, I was wondering if it is going to be the same if I start working.

Some people can, and some people can't. It also depends on what type of work do you wanna do. If you want to do physical work, then yes, you will probably be able to work. However, if you are going to do some work that requires thinking, that requires math and such, you are probably going to fail because this type of work requires focus and you will always have problems with your focus when you are suffering from depression, plus having panic attacks.

But you can try, of course, give it a try and see how it goes, I hope it works out for you.

You certainly can but I wouldn't recommend it since you have mental problems. There is nothing worse than having mental problems and working isn't going to help you. What you need to do is that you need to work on yourself first, you need to get over these mental problems that you are having, you need to get rid of them, only then will you be able to function normally and to finally know what you actually want to do with your life.

I would try and consult a psychologist, if I were you, it might clear up your views a little bit.

Deni is right, you can, but it all depends on what kind of work are you going to do because in this condition, you are not going to be productive at all, and depression makes you lazy, depression always makes people lazy and you are not an exception, I can guarantee you this.

I will agree with Eating Boss as well, you need to work on yourself before you are ready to do anything. Working, studying, being in a relationship, all of these things are going to be extremely hard until you get yourself back together so I suggest you to start doing something about it and fast.

It depends on how you feel about your depression and panic attacks. While some people can't work, some people find it really helpful spending time with their friends, colleagues, doing what they love to do. But it can be a huge problem when your work considers very huge attention and concentration. Sometimes depression won't allow you have it and you can have huge problems because of it. You can mess up with your whole work.

The best thing what you can do is to see how you feel when you are at your job depressed and of course, talk to your boss. He needs to know about this. 

Hello. I was not able to work at all when I had those panic attacks. I believed that I could but I was wrong. I remember that one day I was extremely depressed and I believed that job can help me. Of course, no one of my colleagues didn't know that I am depressed. They did notice that something is going on with me, but they couldn't know that this is happening to me. We had some important meeting with some investors and I made a huge mistakes. I almost lost my job because of this. Tnx God I have a good boss and he understand what I am going through. No work for me when I am depressed or stressed.

Uh, hard question. I would not dare. But if you can overcome panic attack on the job, than I guess that you can work. But I can't imagine myself going to work when I am depressed. I find myself really sad, not interested in the life and I am not able to focus. 

Of course, people are different and some people can't deal with it without making any mistakes in their work, but I just can't. I call my boss and I let her know that I am bad and I work from home some light job. Depression can be really nasty at job...

The biggest role plays the fact what kind of job you are doing. I don't think that you can work in the bank, with money I think that you should skip job than. It is hard to focus on some job that requires full attention indeed.

If you are doing something that is "light" than maybe you can. But like I already told you, your boss needs to know what you are going through, because one day if you  have some serious panic attack, he or she will be able to understand you.

When I am depressed I am usually lazy, but OK. 

I suffer from the exact same conditions. 

The answer is all up to you! Nobody can answer that for you. 

However, it is BEST to try. Never stop trying.

You may qualify for a tiny check that will buy you a room in a crappy boarding house or old hotel. Or have to depend on your family to support you the rest of their lives (and trust me they get tired of it and your luxurious life you life now will become their last priority to maintain. ) i speak from experience! 

I dont have panic attacts anymore. Not since i started getting a check. But my depression went of the charts... I was in a dark place for the first few years. Dealing with feeling worthless. Family gatherings- getting picked on by the hard working men in my family. My old friends stopped hanging with me. The public in general. It sucked! 

I BECAME A MOLE ON THE FACE OF SOCIETY!  

So, focucs REALLY HARD! It seriously is mind over mater. I look back 15 years ago and i wonder if? Its a crappy feeling. Thinking about the road not traveled. 

When your home and the world is spinning without you . You have no hope. Your "friends all move forward in careers and famiies. Youll be on the side lines. All the great opportunities that being part of it all has to offer... Well they wont be offered to you. 

Now if getting $750 a month for the rest of your life and BEING an outcast is appealing to you. Go for it. 

Give up! 

Im not trying to minamize your issues. Mine were real. I understand. But IF I CAN TELL YOU ONE THING..... 

TRY!