I need some help, advice, anything. Should I go for a surgery or a standard treatment? I had a car accident several days ago, nothing serious, but my knee was badly hurt. Ligaments were torn, and bones displaced. Doctors said that there is a great chance that with proper rehabilitation program it will all come to place as it was before. Surgery should speed up that process. Yet, I am a bit afraid of surgery complications. What should I do?

It all depends on you. Ask the doctors in which case your knee shall be like before. But you have to realize that there is great possibility that your knee will regain only 90 percent of previous functionality. This happened to me with my ankle. I was in rehab therapy for a month, but still it is not like before. Maybe surgery will ensure better percentage, think about it. As for complications, they can occur even without surgery, so do not worry. For surgeons, your case is a standard procedure.