I am a very unique case. I was discharged from the military in 1987 with a serum calcium of 10.4 and very severe pain in both knee joints and my feet with a diagnosis of bone disease. Years later, the VA found a fractured bone on an xray but treated my complaints of severe bone pain with whirlpool baths, methadone, bufferin then an anti-inflammatory called Etodolac. I begged them to help me but never got to see anybody who knew what they were doing or anything about bone disease. Eventually, somebody did a serum calcium which was 10.8 then 11.6. I was having an irregular heartbeat and was very sick. The VA waited almost a year to inform me of the bad serum calcium. The week they contacted me, in 2006, in a state of osteoporosis, I broke my right foot. I saw a cardiologist who found calcium deposits on one of my valves but he said my calcium wasn't that bad. You'll hear this a lot from incompetent physicians. I had to beg to find out I needed to see an endocrinologist. The cardiologist refused to refer me. I had to call myself. The endocrinologist was also a quack. I was sent out for a sestamibi scan but Dr. Norman said if he had relied on their report for surgery he would have taken the wrong parathyroid out. I give him credit for inventing a procedure that makes finding your tumor very accurate. While waiting for surgery, I broke the other foot as well. Years later, I found out I had also torn the ligaments in both feet. I had to find a primary care doctor to order the MRI's because the quack ankle specialists I had seen, all three of them, refused to do MRI's after I complained of instability issues. Yes, the surgery was fast and I was back at the hotel eating dinner pain-free within 2 hours of surgery. But the residuals kept coming; high blood pressure, diabetes, continued calcium deposits into my jaw and sinus that had to be surgically removed, torn knee meniscus, scarred hip joints, damaged spinal disks, torn ligaments in both feet, ruptured colon, three hernias and lots of pain tempered by bilateral numbness. Worst part is I was forced to medically retire. When I woke up in the recovery room, Dr. Norman had told me I had a very large tumor, possibly 25 years old or older. He promised to put that statement into writing but when I got his letter a week later, it wasn't in there. I had hoped to use this letter to get my VA benefits. For several years, my emails went ignored. Then one day, the secretary or his nurse told me that because of his religious beliefs Dr. Norman couldn't help me because he doesn't believe in people getting money from the government, not even honorably-discharged veterans who were tortured for 30 years by an incompetent system. The VA refused to treat my residuals without a letter from Dr. Norman and it is 2012 and I still don't have it and no other physician will write one either because they are all heartless bastards. Many physicians now are using the MIRP procedure so if you want to avoid doing business with someone evil whose religious beliefs are more important than doing the right thing for a veteran, then please find someone else. I would never go back to this man or Politz. I believe his method is sound but his research is completely fraudulent and anybody who refuses to help a veteran should have federal funding pulled if they are getting any. Because of him, I have come to resent American doctors and when I meet arrogant quacks who know nothing of bone disease I simply get up and walk out of their office without a word. So should you. Don't see this man, the attitude after surgery isn't worth it and if he starts losing patients maybe the financial hardship will bring him closer to God. There is no after-care with this man and I no longer trust any physician because of what he did to me.  

DO these three things and your life could be saved: Never seek help from any physician with a degree from Oral Roberts University, Never see anybody older than 38 and never ever see a physician who once worked for the Veteran's Administration. Don't be afraid to find a physician willing to perform MRI's of your joints and an abdominal CT after a parathyroid surgery so you can see what damage has been caused for yourself. A picture is more powerful than a dozen quack American doctors. There are still physicians out there doing parathyroidectomies the old way with an 11-inch scar across your neck who remove the wrong parathyroid gland. If you fall prey to one of them, get a malpractice attorney.

Doctor Norman took out Two parathyroid tumors last September 2014...Did a good Job.. But,,there is No after care with doctor Norman..Nothing..He wouldnt even give me a Note too miss work..They do not give you any Pain pills..They said too take Tylenol or ibuprofen..The pain was horrible for two straight days..Once you leave the hospital in Tampa,,your on your own....No after care..It took me three months too feel better..They don't even give you calcium pills..My wife had too go and buy it on the way home from my surgery...If you can use a good endo in your area,,use them..Doctor Norman is not a God..

I have a friend going to see Doctor Norman in a mont or two. Do you think he is legit?