Hello there guys. So, three days ago, I had such a silly injury while I was walking. I think that I made a wrong step and I felt such a huge pain. Immediately, I went to see my doctor who told me that I obviously have ACL tear diagnose. Of course, he needs to explain to me what this is, and when he did this, he told me that I should rest for a couple of days then he will know do I need to have a surgery or not. Wait, surgery? I am scared! Do I need surgery for ACL tear?  Is this really necessary? 

Hi there. If you have a good doctor who you trust, there is no reason to be scared. Treatment of an ACL tear is most dependent on how much knee instability is caused by the injury, so I can say that situation is different for every patent, with no exception. Look, it is very simple - if your knee is stable, then surgical treatments may be considered in that case. But, if your doctor suggested a surgery for you, that means that ACL tear injury is pretty much serious and that this surgery is required. Do you even know in which condition your problem is? 

Hi there. No, I really don't know, but I guess that it is not that dangerous, since it been a month since I have asked this question and still I haven't gone to do that surgery. I went to some routine control and my doctor told me that condition is the same and that he needs to get ready this surgery. He needs to get ready ME for this surgery as well because he saw that I am really too scared. So, I really want to know is there anyone here who had experience or similar experience to mine? Can you tell me how this recovery process was after this? Maybe I sound like a chicken to you, but I was reading some different experience and I am scared that something could happen to me after this surgery...And I don't want that.

My ex-boyfriend needed to have this surgery for so many reasons. They even told him that he won't be able to walk if he doesn't fix this issue soon. So, he was skeptical, like a lot of you are, which is normal (this is not something that you should play with because it can be a really serious issue and very complicated surgery), but sometimes you need to do it. No matter what. You should consult your doctor first, ask him whatever you want to know, without having a fear. I really hope that this will be over soon. Good luck mate! 

Don't know what to tell your or what advice you should follow. Generally, when you are dealing with a torn ACL tear, it does not repair itself all on its own, like is a possibility with some other injuries, because some other injuries have a tendency to repair itself, especially if other parts of the knee, like the meniscus. I am not always for the surgery, to be honest, but when you take a look at the bigger picture, maybe this surgery is one thing that can save you and your knee form some other problems. Seek for more than one opinion. 

It is something that doctors usually recommend for so many reasons. Sure, when this happened to me, I was a skeptical as well because I believed that this surgery can only ruin my leg and that I won't be able to walk never again. But it seems that leaving this to get recovered by itself would have some other consequences. I am glad that my doctor convinced me to have this surgery because it seems that my knee was in pretty bad condition. The snapshot can prove this to you as well, so this can definitely help you see what are your next steps. Sure, the recovery after my surgery was longer than I expected, but my leg is way better now.

Celebrity

Hello.

The best answer can be given by your doctor. But you also need to know that this is not just a surgery. It is not just like you will have this procedure and you will be better. It is a little bit more than that. Having an ACL surgery is followed by a physical rehabilitation. During this process, you need to get rest, you need to do some exercises prescribed by your doctor and you need to have this physical therapy. In most of the cases, surgery is needed. It doesn't matter are you dealing with an ACL that is completely torn or partially torn and unstable. Good luck.