Hi! I was playing volleyball yesterday and earned ankle injury in fact I sprained my ankle. It pains like a hell it is so numb that is scares me. I went to the doc and he told that I actually have stretched and teared of my ligaments and then sent me home to rest. But I’m already bored with staying in bed and would like to now how much it takes for the ankle injury to be cured.

You need to be patient otherwise if you mistake just like I did escaping the regular rehabilitations process you risk the unpleasant complication of getting chronic ankle pain and that’s what I’m dealing with now. So you better stay in that bed for a while and don’t escape exercising after 48 hours since your ankle injury for this is so important part of rehabilitation that would reduce the possibility of further ankle injuries. I injured my ankle so severe that I needed a surgery to tighten my ligaments and to strengthen my ankle in order to reduce the chronic ankle pain. I don’t know how hard you have sprained your ankle but no matter the severity level of your ankle injury there’re some principles you must follow to make out the most of your rehabilitation-don’t walk, just rest, your ankle is probably swelled and so put some ice packs on it few times a day up to 20 minutes and not longer, immobilize your ankle with compressive bandages and elevate your leg above your heart level during the first 48 hours from the injury.