My mom, 83yr old fell and hit her head 3.5 weeks ago. CT was done day of the fall followed by surgery to remove hematoma and stop the bleeding. She has been extremely fatigued ever since. Anyone have any knowledge as to how long this extreme fatigue will go on? Is it normal? She sleeps most of the day and night. She has headaches on and off, but most is caused by arthritis in her neck. Her speech is pretty good, she was speaking slow for about two weeks after surgery, but much better now. Thank you!

Hi there, I think that if your mom is suffering from these problems then it might be a good idea to see if there's something the doctor can do to help her deal with the symptoms. I think that the fatigue is pretty normal for the first month after such a surgery but if it persists then it would be a good idea to talk to someone about it. Does that help?