Hi! I’m desperate. Hematoma not going away for weeks! It’s very big, around 12 cm and it’s on my left thigh. It’s also very painful and I don’t know what to do. My doctor told me that I need to be patient few weeks more. Maybe it will go away. What do I do?

Hi! I feel sorry for you. I know how it is when you have so painful hematoma. I had one last year and I had it for about ten weeks. I remember that my doctor told me that so huge hematoma need time to resolve on its own. Good luck!

Hello there keeley1560,

I know how you are feeling. My girlfriend has exactly the same situation and she was in PMS as well at that point of the time. I was like a slave to her but it wasn’t that hard to be there for her because I could tell how much pain she is experiencing when she was crying on the couch unable to do anything about it.

The doctor also said that it will pass weeks before this hematoma resolves on its own and although she was trying to do everything not to think about this problem it was hard for her. We were playing PlayStation and this helped a little bit to help her mind off the pain.