I'm new to this site and desperate for answers.  I had a face-Neck lift 8 days ago.  My left side was completely deformed the next morning, not it was swollen (huge) but I had bulging bumps.  The dr. did something that I do not know it is the recommended way to drain, as I thought one had to go under anesthesia so that the whole area could be opened up again.  The just injected Valium, something for pain, two shots of local anesthetic by the back of the ear and he started to massage to push out the blood.  My concern is that the sides of my face are as hard as a rock, this morning the pressure was horrendous, and there are areas that are still pretty dark. My right side is also very hard, but it is more of a green color than purple; he did not do anything to that side. Has this happened to any one?  How long before my face goes back to its normal size.  I will never regret enough having done this to myself. Please, is anybody out there that could tell me anything about this???

I wish I could help as I am in the same boat as you and just looking for some answers.  I am twelve days out of a half a face lift and my face is so swollen, I tingle so badly I feel as if I being water boarded, my face is numb as if I went to the dentist, my neck is hard.  I don't look like myself, all I wanted was a neck lift and a very small one at that.  The entire shape of my face has been changed.  I had lovely cheek bones before, now I have none at all just a big fat ugly face.  Lumps on the side of my face like sausages growing out of my hairline and one eye is slightly larger than the other.  I was told no one would notice and in just ten days I would just be refreshed.  I can only sleep on my back, which I hate.  I went from nice looking to this ugly person that tingles in my face and ears.  :(   HELP US someone.  Any answers?    

Well, I 'm now on my 5th week.  The bruising has gotten better, although I'm still kind of yellowish, but he swelling hasn't improved that much.  I still have to sleep using 5 pillows.  I removed two of them the other night, oh boy!, that was a huge mistake.  I woke up looking like I did 3 weeks ago.  THIs is insane!!!!!  I use to have a nice bone structure.  I cannot even see my jawline.  I hope this resolves sooner than later.  I have to go back to work soon.  All I can tell you is that I will never, let me say that again, NEVER again do any other cosmetic procedure.  PErhaps you will do better.  I think all this is happening because of the hematoma I developed.  Although my right side is also pretty swollen.  I do not know, I hope you feel better soon.  If you want to feel better, enter “facelift recovery” or “facelift complications” in your search bar.  I found a thread with a lot of comments from desperate ladies like ourselves.  GOOD LUCK!

I will go to those sites, thank you for responding and good luck to you too.  Agreed, no more cosmetic surgery for me either.

Hi! it is 8 month ago since you did the surgery? I understand that everybody need to be passion with out panic! I just did face and neck lift 3 weeks ago and look like a monster! The feeling of swollen, hard feelings around my ears plus this frozen skin near my ears all make me crazy! I am wondering how you feel now? They say it takes 6 month! But doctor never say about that! Would love to hear from you!

Warm regards,

Lola.

firegirl25 wrote:

daniju wrote:

Warm regards,
Lola.

I still have lumps and some swelling. In fact, this summer I have to go under the knife again!!! I am really uneven, one side of my face is higher than the other side, my skin lost some color around the area where I developed the hematoma. But, do not think about that now, your surgery was only three weeks ago. What you are describing is normal. What complicated matters for me is the hematoma I developed the night after the surgery. Good luck!

You may have already had a full recovery by this time but I had my f/l 4 weeks ago and also have 'hard cheeks" and also have a "dark" line about 4 inches x 1/2 inch on my right cheek which my Dr. said was a hematoma and to apply warm packs and massage it. I just wondered how your problem turned out if you still check your site.
Thank-you

Not to worry you, but my face is not even. The side where I had the hematoma has a lump and I lost skin tone on the cheek. I have to go again under the knife; I will do it in May. He had to wait a year because of the scar tissue under the skin. If I had money, I would go to another doctor. I will go for second opinions, but cannot afford to pay another surgery. Good Luck!

Hi my name is Nan I had surgery last Wednesday I had a necklace facelift I have a huge hematoma it's as big as a hotdog at seven just wide 10 inches long on my neck and he's put me off telling the other day and it filled up again I'm like I want to know if it's near my carotid artery and how did you do it's been a year since you had your surgery are you doing any better ?