I'm going on my fourth week after bunion and hammertoe surgery. The bunion looks good but I have tingleling on the tip of my big toe and second toe. Most of the time it feels cold. I massage it and elevate it to make it feel better. The color of my right foot looks much darker than the left foot. Am I going to get better? what do you reccommend for me to do?

I am sure you will get better in time but you need to be patient. Have you been given any foot exercises? In some people, a full recovery may take up to a year but it usually settles in 3 months time.

When my mom had hammertoe surgery she had to do picking up small objects from floor with her fingers to set in motion in her fingers. She had pain for about 6 weeks and had to use crutches all this time.

When was the last time you had it checked by your surgeon? I don’t like the sound of this coldness and darker color of your foot. It sounds as if there were no blood supply. Are you wearing the shoe?

Have you heard of arginine? Sounds like you have poor circulation. Not only is arginine used by the body to dilate blood vessels, but also boosts the immune system. I found this website useful in explaining poor circulation. I have taken 1lbs of it over the years, and I would pretty much guarantee that it works. Other things good for circulation are anthocyanin found in red wine, and vitamin e. Hope that helps.

Exactly the same for me. 4 weeks and as soon as my foot is below waste level...purple. doctor says it's normal. Was told to lightly stroke the skin down ward from foot to knee while leg is in the air. Lymphatic draining. As well as take Arnica. But still. I am nervous of nerve or some damage. When elevated it looks great.