Hello. I'm 22 year old female and I would appreciate if someone helps with this. You see, just recently my best friend’s father experienced some kind of accidence and since that occurred I haven’t seen my friend at all. She’s missing from school and nobody really knows what happened to her father.
So, I called her several times and finally get her to speak with me over the phone. She told me that her father was being hit by a car and that he could get killed. He broke both his legs and injured his spine. His legs will be just fine but the doctors told her that this spine injury is the really problem because they don’t know a lot about this. She told me that the condition is something called thorasic disc tear. Please, if someone knows more about this- feel free to write about it!

Hello. I'm very sorry about your daughter and her father and that’s why I will do everything I can to help you. I have done a small research on my own and listen what I have found out.
Disc tear is one rear condition in which literally discs rips from the 'inside-out'. There are three types of annular tears that occur in the human disc: The ‘rim lesion’, which is a horizontal tearing; the ‘concentric tear’, which is a splitting of the annulus in a circumferential direction; and ‘radial tears’, which are horizontal tears. This condition can cause very strong pain but the good thing about this is that it is all done without that disc rupturing into a herniation.
Although even the most difficult tears usually heal within 18 months, occasionally the tear is too complicated to heal by it self and the surgery may become necessary.