Two days ago I went out of hospital where the doctors performed a thorasic laminectomy after my skiing fall. I was just wondering if there is anybody who could share their experience with me and explain to me what I should expect after the surgery and if there were any possible complications of laminectomy!!!

Hello! After being diagnosed with disc hernia I was performed a laminectomy. This was 5 years ago. My surgery went well, got out of the hospital in 3 days time and I managed to start walking again. Eventhough all went well I was really scared of doing anything at the beginning ( like sports and stuff ) but gradually I got back my self-esteem and now I go swimming and weights lifting as well.You could experience some back pains after the surgery but they can be relieved with pain killing drugs. Infection of the wound is very uncommon and can usually be treated with antibiotics. I hope everything goes well for you! Wish you all the best!