I have been diagnosed w/3 herniated disc. I have had the steroid injections, to no avail. My doctor now want's to perform laser surgery. Tonigt I have read the comment from the 23 yr. old, and it has SCARED ME HALF TO DEATH! Could you please give me more insight on this procedure (pros & cons), recovery period?

I am not familiar with the laser surgery procedure, can you explain why the doctor is recommending this method? Do you know what lead to your herniations?

Dear Prayerful,

It has been 4 years since your last post. I hope you are feeling well.  When I saw your post concerning laser surgery, I was over come with this sense of horror. I pray you do not  live in Pinellas County, Fl.  My ENTIRE spine was damaged by a rogue PT that performed Chiropractic manipulation without my permission and more importantly without my knowledge. I even went to the extreme to write on my evaluation sheet and every sheet necessary that I DO NOT BELIEVE IN Chiropractic manipulation. Well, al lot of good it did me. This person ( I am being nice) without any knowledge announced to me began theseI hea manipulations causing a herniation in my L4-L5, a herniation in my T2, T4!   Of course, Florida is such a backward state; no attorney was available to retain in my county. Why because they were ALL contracted with this company coz of auto accident injury!

The institution who's employee injured me does not practice Laser surgery. But there is another that does.  Part of their company name begins with said state.  I heard horror stories about this company and the repercussions of performing "Laser" surgery. It is my hope and prayers that you were blessed with a medical facility that is legit and has helped you.

If by chance you wonder back to your first post. It is my hope that you leave message concerning your progress and freedom from pain and able to "gain" back your life.

God Bless,

Laura