Hello! I suffer from 2 herniated discs T6 & T7. The pain is severe, And I do take Vicodin sometimes to relieve the pain, however it does not help always. I heard that there is an operation available, but I didn’t talk to my doctor about it yet. Is there anybody who has had the surgery? I would like to hear from you! Thank you!

I have 2 herniated discs as well. I thought about the surgery as well but the doc told me it was too risky as it is very similar to open heart surgery. They would have to enter through my chest and break my breast plate, so when I thought about it, I decided not to have it done. So, I am still on medc hoping for a better approach.

I was also told that if I had the thorasic disc surgery that he would have to move my lung and heart aside to get to the discs.Most doctors dont wanna mess with something like that unless the discs are actually compressed against the spinal cord.