Hi, folks. I felt some severe pain last week. It was like someone stabbed me with knife. After some testing, I was diagnosed with protrusion of the central spine discus if I recall it right. I would appreciate if someone could tell me something more about this condition. Your help is more than welcomed.

Hello, there. In another words, you have herniated disc. This is not so unusual condition. Spinal disc is some sort of cushion which lies between two vertebrae. It eases the movements of the whole spine. Protrusion of this disc represents herniated disc. It can produce severe pain. One should avoid surgery as long as he can. I hope you’ll be all right. Bye!

Hi, good people. Herniated disc can bring a lot of trouble. Pain isn’t the only symptom. It all depends on which disc is affected, but numbness and tingling are also possible. Rest is a must here. Anti-inflammatory medications are also prescribed. Physical therapy is also something that is recommended. If there is a significant neurological problem, then surgery is usually recommended. I hope this helps. Bye!