Hi there! I have a herniated disc in the thorasic part of the spine. The pain from it radiates into my chest and is giving me a lot of troubles. Sometimes even the pain killers don’t work. What is even worse, herniation is combined with radiculopathy and is causing weakness and reflex loss. I can’t work, and is sort of ruining my life. I just don’t know what to do!!!! Medicines and other therapies like exercise and massage, and even thermotherapy didn’t help much!!!!

Hello! If any of these treatments didn’t help you, you may as well consider surgery, even though it is said that most patients with a herniated disc get better without a surgery. I was recommended a disectomy, which is the surgical removal of part or the entire offending intervertebral disc. However, I decided to stick to the medicines, exercises and massage and am doing much better, but if you can’t stand your situation or see no improvement, then maybe a surgery is best for you. You should ofcourse talk to your doctor more about it!!!!