I was diagnosed last year with scapular thorasic syndrome. The dr gave me pain meds and PT. I still have a lot of pain in my left shoulder and and have recently experienced increased numbness on my entire left side. I'm only 25, is there something else going on?

:-( I severed my long thorasic nerve in a accident 10 years ago,
after multible treatments,the only thing that help ease some of the pain
is oxycontin 40mgs 3x,s aday.I went from about 10 meds aday to 2 meds.

HONEY, GET TO A PROPER NEUROSURGEON. tHERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THORASIC SYNDROM.

I've had such terrible luck with thorasic surgeries, I'm now a patient of mayo Clinic. I went through my diagnosis. So. get at least 3 opinions. they will all probably be different but you'll know what's best. Try and stay out of surgery. know when you go to a surgeon... they'll want to cut... ti's what they do.
Try IB profen for inflammation, watch your posture at all times hold in your belly, get to a physical therapist...... do these for 3 months before you consider surgery. Surgery is a domino effect in the thorasic.
Good luck! Be Well

I severedid mine in an accident too 20 yrs ago and went to Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in NYC. They did a nerve transfer from my major Pectpral thru the scapula- after long intense therapy- my shoulder pain is gone and I am brand new!!!! goog luck!!

I also severed my long thorasic nerve inan auto accident 20 years ago- Eventually I went to Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in NYC and had a Muscle transfer of my Major Pectoral thru the scapula to hold in the winging and lift the droop shouder up to its correct position- after intence therapy (a must) I have had great results with no shoulder pain normal range of motion and use of my arm
Good Luck!!

Hi mdk731,
I too have to undergo a pectiralis major tendon transfer...could you please as youve already been elloborate upon what im facing and what il be left like? Id be forever in your debt.things like...how long will i be in hospital ? How ill was you after surgery ? Was there much pain?..how bad is the deformation of your chest since the muscles gone ? How bad are the scars left behind?

Im due to be married not long after surgery and this is all very important to me..any response you can give im grateful for thank you :-)