Hello..I have had a swollen sore throat about a week now. But, I also noticed my back lower right wisdom tooth is swollen around the base too( my bottom wisdom teeth are impacted). my throat is only sore and hurts on my right side also. I have some penicillin from a previous tooth ache. Can I take that? Or,does this problem sound like it different atttention?

Omg... i have had the same feeling in my throat. but it feels swollen on the outside only. Also the back of my neck and the mussle on the side are tight and feel stiff. My jawbone and under my ears are very tight and sore to. ive been having problems swallowing. This has gone on for about a week now. idk if i should just take pain relief or go to the doctor. if anyone else has advice please let us know

I am having the same exact thing. Started on Sunday morning. Only on the right side of my throat / right side wisdom tooth area, slight ear ache now, sowllen gland on right side.. My jaw is so stiff it hurts to open wide...

i have the same thing happening too. its horribly uncomfortable...really hurts to swallow, white spots on the back of my throat (right side only)...must be puss.

don't know whether i need to see a doctor or ride it out? please help! also, any idea how i got this?!

Hi, I was wondering if you have found the problem and what to do to fix it? I had a sore throat on the right side for a week and an ear ache but they are mostly gone now but I am still dealing with my lower right wisdom tooth causing some pain. I didn't have any problems with my tooth before the sore throat occured! Help please!

go to the doctor. I just went to the ER for the same problem, and it is a severe infection. I was told that the impacted tooth needs to be extracted ASAP. (if you have trouble swallowing or breathing-immediately go to the ER/dentist).

sounds like tonsillitis. if bacterial, need penicillin, if viral, no treatment. The spots on the back of the throat are mucus. I have the same thing and went to the doctor.

hey--I think you should try an antibiotic that is more natural and less harmful than the mold dirivitives. I would suggest colloidal silver.

Ok well I have the same thing. Just under my chin and left hand side of my jaw has been in agony for bout a week now. I went to my doctor on Monday. He told me it was tonsilitis and he gave me a very strong antibiotic to take over 3 days (I have a very important exam on Thurs). Tuesday I was worse than ever. Every time I tried to speak it was so painful I was crying. Went to doctor again today and he gave me a new antibiotic and spray and told me it was an infection that has spread from my chest. That was at bout 11am today and I feel worse that this mornin. Very swollen again. I have no idea what it is!!!! I have a history of tonsilitis and sinusitis and have been sick over 10 times since last september, sometimes for weeks at a time. My doctor said that this is nothing got to do with that though so I have a whole new area of illness to deal with. I'm 17 and dodng my Leaving Ceritificate in June.

sounds like you may have tonsilitis

I'm not sure if i have the same problem but i am getting worried and as of yet not seen a Dr. I have had this condition for about 3 weeks and although it's not getting any worst I am beggining to worry about the big "C" I find it hard to swallow foods but water and drinks are generally ok. My throat is generally sore after eating and I have this pain around the back of my neck (as if a strain or nerve) I have full movement in my neck and it does not hurt when i move, just when i eat. The pain is not bad but annoying but its the difficulty I have in swallowing food thats worrying me the most.

Any idea's? i will be making an appointment this week but worried what the Dr might say. And I am a smoker but 10 a day. (yes I know i should quit)

Spence

Hi, someone please help.

I'm 27, had my tonsils out in October 06' because I was getting really bad sore throats just about every week during the winter months. I was also getting those nasty tonsil stones but since the tosilectimy they have not returned . My problem is I'm getting these blisters that look like kanka sores on the back of my throat still. It's really starting to effect my life, stopping me from exercising which I love to do. The only thing I can think that would be causing this is my wisdom teeth. I still have them all, they are impacted but do not hurt and I floss between everyday and keep them clean. What the hell can it be?

You just discribed me to a T...the ear ache got worse with in the last day and like you said it hurts to open my mouth :-(...have you found that anything helps???? please help me! its my birthday and I'm in pain :-(

i have have the exact problems. heres my symptoms. sore throat and there is like a lump on my left side down by my ear lobe, but i dont see a tooth coming through.. do you think that it is a wisdom tooth problem? if you do or have a comment please e-mail me at

_[removed]_

thanks alot,

Jaimee

This sort of thing has happened to me quite a few times before and it is very discomforting. I recommend simply riding it out, because it does go away in about a week. It will get worse before it gets a lot better also. If you go to a dentist or the ER, they will tell you something about an infection, and say you need to get a procedure done, which is complicated and sore for a few weeks, but not entirely necessary. Just toughen up, and ride it out and it will go away, after that, make sure you keep your mouth clean.