The left side of my head seems to have some kind of problem. The cheek has been swollen and my left tonsil has swelling and looks like some kind of lump on it.

About 3 weeks ago I started feeling fatigued. Had UTI symptoms so I thought that was all it was. After antibiotics the UTI symptoms disappeared, but I got sicker with aches, continued fatigue, and a low-grade fever occasionally, just every 2-3 days.

Thought it was a virus. Just as I was getting over it, last Thursday my left cheek started hurting, swelled up quickly and went a little numb. Doctor said cheek was a swollen parotid gland from either a virus or a stone. Over the next few days the virus and swelling seemed to go away again.

But now it's back for he 3rd time. I'm achy, fatigued, sore throat, ear ache, my lymph nodes are still swollen, the neck is stiff on the left side, and my left tonsil is swollen. There's a bump on the back of the tonsil too. The low-grade temperature came back again tonight. It's never higher than 99.5 and comes and goes even if I don't take tylenol.

Is this normal for a virus? I've never had a virus act like this before.

Hey there, I am going through the same thing. What did you find out about yours? The doc put me on strong antibiotics and gave me two shots. Said that if it doesn't clear up with this then the tonsils have to be removed.

I never did find out what happened. It went away on its own, but last week came back again. Started out with the swollen cheek, then the sore throat. No temperature this time, though, and the cheek pain is less, so I'm hoping it's not as serious.