Hello- My doctor prescribed an MRI for me to check a swollen Parotid gland, in front of my ear.. It doesn't hurt or anything it just feels swollen only on one side. Any idea why it coudl be swollen with no pain?
Thanks!

I have the same thing, I would like to know how you make out.

well i have experienced the same swollen with no pain doct. gave amoxicillin 250ml 3 times a day and plenty of water and it went away now 3 months later it's back on the right side this time still no pain but swollen went back to doct same prescription and plenty of water......doct told me sometimes it gets infected and in most cases if theres no stones present water antibiotics and lemonade usually makes it go away.

I look like a hamster,and have more swelling on one side than the other. No pain.I never usually eat sweets but did this evening,which could be the cause? I'm generally worried about my health,but find if v difficult to see my doc due to work. Had anti bios for broncho pneumonia two weeks ago, then had to be off work; totally exhausted.I had time for a lung function test,74 percent when course was finished. The glands in my neck also go up and down. I think the swelling is prob a stone, but v frustrating that it will prob have gone, plus any morning throat swells,by the time I get tosee doc.I'msure he thinks I'ma hypochondriac,as other big prob after anti bios was fatigue. Gastric reflux to a lesser extent.. I feel c**p about smoking, and have halved my cigs,Not good enough I know.

The swelling of your salivary gland can be caused by many things. But as much as I know most of these swelling is caused by infection. Infection can be bacterial, viral or fungal. Have you noticed any problem with your oral cavity? Sometimes even problematic tooth can cause your salivary gland to get swollen. Also another reason might be salivary gland stone. You can get salivary gland stone almost any time in your life. The thing can complicate your life a little bit by blocking salivary duct which then can get enlarged. Try to put some pressure on your salivary gland an try to feel if there is anything hard inside. Salivary gland stones are usually small calcification.

I have it. Mine is caused by a condition with the immune system. It is call sarcoidosis. Check it out.